Honored Contributor

Chuck Clemency Leaving ShopHQ for ShopLC

Admittedly, I don't watch ShopHQ much at all, but I did see his jewelry shows from time to time.  This is his FB post.

5048F9B8-09FE-4A0D-B196-80842DA93985.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Chuck Clemency Leaving ShopHQ for ShopLC

Wow, he's been there a long time. I guess Michael is the last remaining amigo. I'm not even sure I even get that channel. Good luck to him.

Honored Contributor

Wonder why he's doing this. Shop LC, know nothing about this channel, do not watch it. Wonder just how much of his stuff he'll sell on this channel. He's probably gathering up all his stuff he has left over from HQ. His jewelry looks great on tv but you get it and it's all tiny and not well made. Anything I've ordered - and that isn't much of anything - I've returned b/c of both of my reasons noted.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We dont even get that channel on Comcast here in MD. . Chuck and his family are family on SHQ, this is sad news. He has been there almost 30 years. 

Honored Contributor

It's a low brow network.  Mostly jewelry (like JTV, tons of sterling silver)  They would offer silver jewelry under $10.00.  You name it, it's set in sterling silver. We don't get if 24 hours a day.  We only get it during the day. They might be trying upgrade their jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

We dont even get that channel on Comcast. Chuck and his family are family on SHQ, this is sad news. He has been there almost 30 years. 

I use to watch Shophq a lot.  They had a lot of variety.  However lately it seems the dubrows,(Heather Dubrow even has a clothing line)

and Invicta and selling masks and shields have taken over.  I don't watch much now, I usually check out HSN  and I watch JTV a lot.  I have seen people post positive things about Shoplc, however it is hard for me to watch the hosts.  Mybe their format will change.  The jewelry on shoplc is lovely.  

Honored Contributor

Wow.  Color me shocked.  I saw this come across FB but never even read it.  I thought it was an ad for an upcoming ShopHQ visit.

I think ShopHQ is heading to closure so maybe he wanted off a sinking ship.  But then hasn't his son been selling jewelry on ShopLC?

I don't get ShopLC anymore on Spectrum Streaming.  I can get it via YouTube just like Q2 but I never bother.  I never bothered with the channel when it was included in my cable package.  The hosts are super annoying and there were too many "smackdown" events.   

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle I have Comcast Philadelphia and get Shop LC on channels 794/1044 for about 4 hours on "most" days starting at 2 or 3pm. I say most days as there are times when Shop LC is not on at all. I honestly cannot sit and watch this mess. For me, it is pretty unbearable. Reminds me of the old old old Home Shopping network. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

It's a low brow network.  Mostly jewelry (like JTV, tons of sterling silver)  They would offer silver jewelry under $10.00.  You name it, it's set in sterling silver. We don't get if 24 hours a day.  We only get it during the day. They might be trying upgrade their jewelry.

I would not call silver jewelry low brow.  JTV has wonderful silver pieces and they always tell you how many grams in each piece. if you can purchase a nice piece of jewelry at a decent price why is that low brow.  Pieces do not have to be over priced to be good. For example I purchased one of Tova's rings on JTV for under $30.00 it is good quality.  Because it was priced at a reasonable price does this make it low brow? I think it makes it a good deal, on Q it was priced at over $100.00  I like silver, thank goodness becauase gold is ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ABOUT SHOP LC

Shop LC is a member of Vaibhav Global, Ltd (VGL), a vertically integrated retailer of jewelry and lifestyle products. VGL manufactures many of the products found at Shop LC, and also operates in a traditional business-to-business model. A sister station, The Jewellry Channel, is based out of London, UK and offers the same amazing products to its customers across the United Kingdom.

It is entirely possible that ShopLC already manufactures his jewelry.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky