Honored Contributor

Re: Chuck Clemency Leaving ShopHQ for ShopLC

I think SHQ is trying to liquidate his remaining inventory. Yesterday they had a few hours of a GemTreasures sale with one of their own gem experts, Matthew James, acting as the spokesperson.  Looks like Chuck has already made his last appearance on there. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think Chuck will be just another host.  I'm betting they feature him and his line, depending upon who owns those trademarks.  They have had other lines like Xavier, who unfortunately died after just a few months at LC.  They were able to offer Xavier pieces much cheaper than HSN was able to.  

Now the big question is what will happen to Michael Valitutti?  He made some remark several months ago about all his eggs being in the HQ basket.  

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I don't think Chuck will be just another host.  I'm betting they feature him and his line, depending upon who owns those trademarks.  They have had other lines like Xavier, who unfortunately died after just a few months at LC.  They were able to offer Xavier pieces much cheaper than HSN was able to.  

Now the big question is what will happen to Michael Valitutti?  He made some remark several months ago about all his eggs being in the HQ basket.  

I totally agree--not his thing to be just another host.  I have quite a few of his pieces that still hold up beautifully-[-some in gold, some in silver, so it will be interesting to see what he features.

Regular Contributor

Well, this is news to me, so glad that I came across this post.

I used to watch Chuck, Paul and Michael on a regular basis years ago. But I don't watch HQ anymore. How many watches does a girl need? Boooorrrriiinnnggg! And the DuBrows just seem greedy and money hungry to me.

I will tune in to watch Chuck on Shop LC though. May spark a little interest on my part. Don't know how long it will last, but I'll check it out.

Trusted Contributor

Shop LC is where Dave King went too. I wonder if he is still there?

Quit honestly I don't need a single piece of jewelry, or anything else for that matter. There is no quality shopping network anymore. My brainwashing of "Hurry hurry you neeeeed this" has been broken. I don't even watch any shopping network now.

If I do need something I go online and see if it is anywhere but I am no longer loyal to any of the networks.

I don't think Chuck was happy anymore at shop HQ.

Contributor

Interesting move for Chuck.  I've bought several of his pieces and enjoy them but lately it all looks the same.  I purchased one item from ShopLC and immediately returned it because what I received in real life was not what was represented on the screen.  After that experience I can tell they use deceptive tactics in how they film the products, everything looks larger, brighter, higher quality than what you actually receive.  I don't trust them and won't purchase anything from there in the future.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Shop LC is where Dave King went too. I wonder if he is still there?

Quit honestly I don't need a single piece of jewelry, or anything else for that matter. There is no quality shopping network anymore. My brainwashing of "Hurry hurry you neeeeed this" has been broken. I don't even watch any shopping network now.

If I do need something I go online and see if it is anywhere but I am no longer loyal to any of the networks.

I don't think Chuck was happy anymore at shop HQ.

@gabstoomuch   Dave King went to ShopHQ after he "left" QVC; however his tenure there was brief. I don't even know if he made it two years. Some of his first shows were with Paul Deasy. The two of them were quite wonderful together.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Regular Contributor

Dan seems to have issues I would say!
Honored Contributor

Found Dave King on Facebook, he has added realtor to his repertoire.  Looks older, but don't we all.  

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle   You're not missing a darn thing. I've checked it out, certainly not a (jewelry) channel that I would watch.