Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

I use to work with a woman who wore a pearl necklace that was a choker...it was so tight on her neck i asked her how she could breathe...she said it didn't bother her...guess not...she wore it everyday...

I don't like anything close on my neck...be it a necklace or a turtleneck top...

@circles

Now that's taking chokers to extreme! I could never wear something tight like that! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  I couldn't find chokers that were inexpensive...assuming it's a trend, don't want to spend a lot of $. I went to fabric store and purchased velvet ribbon and Velcro (I chose black and dark wine). I measured the length to fit my neck, attached the Velcro to each end and wear a JR bee pin or another of my pins front & center. If you can find one at thrift shops, men's tie tacks work great as the center "focus".

@Shanus

Yes, that sounds great!  Years and years ago when chokers were in the first time, I made a black velvet one and sewed a silver and black filigree piece that had broken off an old ring.  I still have it and it still looks pretty good.  Your post reminded me of this and I will borrow your idea!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

I can't wear chokers at all.  My neck is so short!. I have to be careful, even with collared shirts, or it looks like my head is sitting on my shoulders! No turtlenecks at all, I can wear a mock but it comes WAY up under my chin!  Can't wear chandelier earrings either, they hit my shoulders!

I love the look, but even if I had a longer neck I still couldn't wear them. My neck has aged considerably faster than my face! I have very few facial wrinkles, but my neck is pretty bad, even for 58, IMHO!!!!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon Wow you have a great memorySmiley Wink

I was in love with marcasite back in the day, still have all my pieces I bought from the Q

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@faeriemoon Wow you have a great memorySmiley Wink

I was in love with marcasite back in the day, still have all my pieces I bought from the Q

I almost bought that necklace more than once.  Smiley Happy @Greeneyedlady21

Honored Contributor

Re: Choker necklaces

[ Edited ]

Oh how funny!    Woman LOL

In the Beauty section, thread The Mirror Is Not My Friend, I just posted an assortment of beautiful chokers that divert attention away from a less than perfect neck!   Metal, lace, leather, beads, pearls .....