Honored Contributor

Cheap necklaces that JTV pioneered

There is a really bad trend going on with JTV.  They're churning very cute celestial and whimsical pendant charms on very crappy, cheap chains.  You can't take the pendants off the chain.  This is on all of their silver.  They are adjustable, but the lobster claw clasp is very small & hard to open & close. Even worse, the jump ring is also very small.  I don't know when this began, but almost all their cheaper necklaces are like that.  There re a few like QVC too.  Same workmanship type of chain. Adjustable, but difficult to open and close. Almost identical with JTV necklaces.  I assume it's cheaper for them to purchase less silver, but it's getting pretty silly returning jewelry you can't even wear without struggling with clasps.  These are throw away chains that you can't get rid of because you like the pendant.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cheap necklaces that JTV pioneered

Theres so much worthless junk on that channel, I don't even bother watching it ever.  I also find both the format of their programs and their hosts to be extremely boring. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

JTV - Junk TV. What a cheesy mess that place is! 

Respected Contributor

you should complain to them.  i ordered a bracelet hat was supposed to be 8" . Was 8 3/4" . they waived the return shipping. 

Shop HQ sells these dinky necklaces too.

Honored Contributor

I sometimes listen to their accents.  They're in Knoxville TN.  What a twang!  For the most part, it's junk.  They are obsessed with Tanzanite.  Tanzania must be getting desperate.  Ever since they nationalized the mind, they've been dumping them everywhere.  Naturally Gem Shopping offers the most expensive.  Big dark ones, surrounded by a ton of diamonds and platinum/18K gold. They have a tazanite show every week. The rest show up at shopping channels, lighter in color and usually set in silver with white topaz instead of diamonds.

Respected Contributor

@songbird   you know, there are lots of people in this country and we all speak with a variety of dialects. i've been called out on my LI accent at times and it's offputting.  change the channel. seems JTV isn't for you.

Honored Contributor

The older I get the harder any clasp seems to operate.  I would cut that chain and move the pendant onto something else.  Hopefully the bail is large enough.  I have accumulated a supply of 925 and costume chains and interchange pendants to match different necklines.  It does no good to wear a pendant that ends up below the edge of the top.  Remember the pendant is the first piece of jewelry people see on you.  Maybe earrings, but those get covered by hair.  

Honored Contributor

I have only purchased rings for JTV and I am happy with all of them.  As far as accents go they all live In TN, it would be the same if you are listening to people from New York etc... if it bothers just change the channel.  Don't let little things get to you.  No one has to listen to, watch, or purchase from places they don't like.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

The older I get the harder any clasp seems to operate.  I would cut that chain and move the pendant onto something else.  Hopefully the bail is large enough.  I have accumulated a supply of 925 and costume chains and interchange pendants to match different necklines.  It does no good to wear a pendant that ends up below the edge of the top.  Remember the pendant is the first piece of jewelry people see on you.  Maybe earrings, but those get covered by hair.  

They sell magnetic clasps.  All the hosts wear them to quick change their necklaces.

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I sometimes listen to their accents.  They're in Knoxville TN.  What a twang!  For the most part, it's junk.  They are obsessed with Tanzanite.  Tanzania must be getting desperate.  Ever since they nationalized the mind, they've been dumping them everywhere.  Naturally Gem Shopping offers the most expensive.  Big dark ones, surrounded by a ton of diamonds and platinum/18K gold. They have a tazanite show every week. The rest show up at shopping channels, lighter in color and usually set in silver with white topaz instead of diamonds.

Is it necessary to demean those with a Southern accent?  Would you do the same for a Boston, Jersey, Brooklyn, Hispanic, German etc.  accent?