Honored Contributor

Just saw him today on JTV with his Bella Luce collection, last week he was on there with Moissanite. Now, I just read he is coming to HSN on 7/2 witth a collection of fine gemstones. Boy, he really gets around, used to be on Evine years ago too.

I would imagine he is not leaving JTV.

Honored Contributor

This Winston is the nephew of Harry Winston.  Instead of beautiful diamond jewelry set in 18K/Platinum, he pushes Cubic Ziconia and Mossianite set in silver.  I guess he wanted to stand apart from his fmous uncle.  I aways thought that was strange.  But he's been doing that for years and years. 

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure there was a judgement against him by Harry Winston keeping him engaged in costume jewelry only w/ a non-compete clause. He's had "imposed restraints" on him keeping him on shopping channels and Amazon.com. 

Harry Winston Inc. was sold to Aber Diamond Co. and maybe Charles released from his judgements and now able to deal in real gemstones. 

Honored Contributor

HSN?  I wonder if that means he's leaving JTV.  I've never seen a vendor do more than one shopping channel at a time but anything's possible.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

This Winston is the nephew of Harry Winston.  Instead of beautiful diamond jewelry set in 18K/Platinum, he pushes Cubic Ziconia and Mossianite set in silver.  I guess he wanted to stand apart from his fmous uncle.  I aways thought that was strange.  But he's been doing that for years and years. 

You said it yourself, he's the nephew.  I'm sure THE Harry Winston is no longer with us and Charles was just a distant relative who didn't profit.  He made his own way.

Super Contributor
Chuck Winston worked for Winston diamonds back in the day as a salesman in the jewelry district, and he lived in my old neighborhood.
Honored Contributor

@dancingqueen wrote:
Chuck Winston worked for Winston diamonds back in the day as a salesman in the jewelry district, and he lived in my old neighborhood.

I thought that's what he did.  Harry Winston had 2 sons.  They both worked for their father.  They sold their holdings to another company and got out of the jewelry business.  Only Chuck (Charles) is around now.  If he does fine jewelry, he has to leave where he is now.  Winston diamonds are uber expensive!!!

Respected Contributor

I own both of Charles Winston designs. Bella Luce and Moissinite from JTV. I never heard of him being on HSN before. Harry Winston was Charles' Grandfather. I believe his Uncle or great uncle is who sold the company. The story can be found easily if you google Charles Winston.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the link to a retail site.

Honored Contributor

I dont think Charles made it on HSN yesterday, did not see his name on the schedule.