Valued Contributor

As I was watching the show I kept wondering if Judith would have a chance to talk!  Carolyn certainly knows her product but to have a guest sit there like a bump on a log is kind of silly.

Honored Contributor

I don't like that line of jewelry, but, that gal never seems to say to much.

She laughs a lot and seems to enjoy Rick though.

Regular Contributor

I don't care for her jewelry either.  It is way over the top and the prices are waaay out of my budget.  I wrote a review on a piece of hers that I ordered many years ago.  I gave many reasons why I was returning the piece, but guess I was too honest as it was never posted.  I think Judith's jewelry is fine for a lot and most certainly has a place in today's world.  It just isn't my cup of tea and again, I think or feel that it is way too expensive.  I am happy with my pieces from the jewelry gurus at the "Q".

Honored Contributor

@Texussgal wrote:

I don't care for her jewelry either.  It is way over the top and the prices are waaay out of my budget.  I wrote a review on a piece of hers that I ordered many years ago.  I gave many reasons why I was returning the piece, but guess I was too honest as it was never posted.  I think Judith's jewelry is fine for a lot and most certainly has a place in today's world.  It just isn't my cup of tea and again, I think or feel that it is way too expensive.  I am happy with my pieces from the jewelry gurus at the "Q".

ITA. Even though it is silver and has gem stones, the prices are way over the top because of the Ripka name. I find most of her pieces quite garish.

Valued Contributor

Sorry but the pairing of Carolyn Gracie and Judith Ripka... they just don't go together at all! Whoever did this scheduling, what in the world were they thinking?! Carolyn needs to stick with shows like cooking, gardening and Denim & Company. That's all I will say on that. 

Regular Contributor

I couldn't agree with you more.  My husband says it is "jilly frazzy".  Not sure about the spelling, but I think you get the idea that his reaction was - it is way too much!  I mean, where do people go and wear this stuff?  I am not out in the 'BOONIES', but I have not one place where I could wear it even if I could!  Besides in this day and age, you are taking a risk if someone spots this jewelry and decides they want it!  I value my life more than that!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Texussgal wrote:

ITA. Even though it is silver and has gem stones, the prices are way over the top because of the Ripka name. I find most of her pieces quite garish.

I watched her show with Carolyn this morning and it was very odd. Her jewelry is nothing special. Her prices for black spinel and citrine are so overpriced. I couldn't believe she wanted $733.00 for an octopus pin with black spinel and pearls. I think Joan Rivers had really nice jewelry that was priced reasonably. I know her jewelry was fashion jewelry but it looked like real gemstones. I wonder what makes this line so valuable. She puts most of her items in silver or 14ct clad. Not a fan of overpriced jewelry with very little value.

Honored Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

Sorry but the pairing of Carolyn Gracie and Judith Ripka... they just don't go together at all! Whoever did this scheduling, what in the world were they thinking?! Carolyn needs to stick with shows like cooking, gardening and Denim & Company. That's all I will say on that. 

@iTalia

I think Carolyn Gracie is an excellent host (in fact she's my favorite), she's informative and pleasant, I think she had to talk alot because as someone else said Judith doesn't talk much.  But I agree it is an odd pairing because Carolyn is more of a casual gal and Judith's jewelry is more of an upscale style.....  .........I think a lot of hosts seem to be on vacation so maybe QVC didnt have a choice since they are trying to fill programming for 3 channels now...........I think Carolyn is more suited to Carolyn Pollack's jewelry style which can be worn both casually or with dressier fashions..........Both Carolyns are well suited when paired together...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

Lots of shows, lots of scheduling, especially at vacation time.  I think Judith is better paired with Rick but Carolyn was just back from vacation and who knows, maybe the most available. In any event,  I love Carolyn, anytime!!