Frequent Contributor

Re: Carolyn Pollack - what requests do you have

Hi Carolyn, I just received TSV American West cuff bracelet today and I love it. I would love to see more inserts made like lapis, black agate, and some kind of purple stone. I also purchased the green kingman enhancer and I am not crazy about the brass. I would love to be able to purchase the enhancer without the insert so that I can use the other inserts that I purchased.

Valued Contributor

Would love love a pair of teardrop shape blue lapis doublet earrings to match the fab TSV hinged cuff.

Valued Contributor

My requests:

Keep the red coral coming. That red coral naja is spectacular and I'd love to see more.

How about a nice mixed gemstone chunky necklace? Make it long (28 to 30") or have sections that can be added. But keep them chunky.

Bring more green turquoise

Bring turquoise with matrix

How about a concha belt? Sell the basic belt with 2 to 3 conchas and then sell more conchas separately too so people can add more if they want or do a series of conchas for belts that people could buy almost like a belt-size charm bracelet. I'm sure you could figure out a way to have the conchas clip on so they can slide onto the belt and be secure and then slide again when more conchas are added. As a large/xlarge sized woman I have about zero chance of getting a concha belt that fits me without doing a custom order and cashing in my IRA. So, what do you say?

Super Contributor

On 7/11/2014 Qulia said:

My requests:

Keep the red coral coming. That red coral naja is spectacular and I'd love to see more.

How about a nice mixed gemstone chunky necklace? Make it long (28 to 30") or have sections that can be added. But keep them chunky.

Bring more green turquoise

Bring turquoise with matrix

How about a concha belt? Sell the basic belt with 2 to 3 conchas and then sell more conchas separately too so people can add more if they want or do a series of conchas for belts that people could buy almost like a belt-size charm bracelet. I'm sure you could figure out a way to have the conchas clip on so they can slide onto the belt and be secure and then slide again when more conchas are added. As a large/xlarge sized woman I have about zero chance of getting a concha belt that fits me without doing a custom order and cashing in my IRA. So, what do you say?

Like your requests, Qulia, especially the concha belt one. What a cool idea. Some weeks ago the "old time experts in all things American West" here discussed those belts and also that they are now no longer affordable for the ordinary purchaser. I have never seen one but in museums and in pictures. But clip ons - now that could work. One would need only only a few in the appropriate visible spaces and .... voila!

Yes, we need longer necklaces and with beads that are not graduated imo. Love my longer magnesite one, but alas the beads graduate so you cannot add an enhancer

Respected Contributor

S5191 - the Super Saturday turquoise statement necklace from 2010, offered in choices of black agate, green turquoise, picture jasper, and red coral as a TSV.

Carolyn Pollack Sterling Jewerly 14 Turquoise Necklace

Respected Contributor

On 7/15/2014 Favorite Son said:

S5191 - the Super Saturday turquoise statement necklace from 2010, offered in choices of black agate, green turquoise, picture jasper, and red coral as a TSV.

Carolyn Pollack Sterling Jewerly 14 Turquoise Necklace

I second that !!!
Honored Contributor

Here's my request:

We get a lot of interchangeable pieces, and during the presentation Carolyn says there will be more coming. Then we never see that! Here's the necklace I have. I was looking forward to other inserts!

Carolyn Pollack Mixed Metal Filigree Magnetic Plaque

Honored Contributor

On 7/8/2014 kachina624 said: I'd like larger earrings. Maybe Carolyn doesn't like them to be over 4g, but I do. I like them big enough to see! I always feel cheated when I buy her earrings. There was one, I think it was Amazonite, that everyone complained they got two right or left ear rings, going by the motif atop the post. I laughed out loud when I saw them in person. They were so tiny, you needed a magnifying glass to see the difference.

ITA ..... I returned a pair of her earrings I actually loved ... but they were almost "miniature". {#emotions_dlg.crying}

ALSO ----- less oxidation please .... too much and it looks tarnished and in need of a good cleaning! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Occasional Contributor

I would love to be able to buy the American West Treasures Magnetic Inserts in the Sleeping Beauty and Kingman turquoise so I could have matched sets!

Valued Contributor

On 7/15/2014 Kteacher said:

I would love to be able to buy the American West Treasures Magnetic Inserts in the Sleeping Beauty and Kingman turquoise so I could have matched sets!

I'd like that, too!