Honored Contributor

Re: Carolyn Pollack - what requests do you have

On 7/8/2014 jugtown said:

American West request - more orange spiny oyster and MORE OXIDATION . . PLEASE!!!!!

For some reason, spiney oyster seems to be very scarce. I bought the red coral beads several years ago hoping they'd be orangey. They weren't so I went looking for spiney oyster which I couldn't find anywhere. I ended up having an Etsy beader make me a bead necklace using an online Sherwin-Williams paint sample as an example of the color I wanted. I was very pleased with the result.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I wish that all of her pendants had enhancers. I like to wear chunky necklaces (such as her signature beads and heavy $600 ish chain) and enhancer backing would enable me to use more of her pendants.

Honored Contributor

On 7/8/2014 cooking lady said:

I have been asking for a SW Sterling Silver collar for some time - the kind that sits on your neck without a clasp - so easy to just grab and go - I have several but not a high quality SW design one - want it to feature gemstones - probably tq. and coral - Please CP - it would be awesome!!

Also like the idea of the crosses by the Native American designers - I have quite a large cross collection too - love them!! Thanks "Red"

CL, if you want a plain collar on which to hang pendants, I highly recommend Jay Kings. I have several from various sources and his by far fit the best and are the most comfortable. I like the one with the U-shaped notch the best. Don't even know I have it on.
Honored Contributor

On 7/8/2014 Favorite Son said:
On 7/8/2014 ennui1 said:

Less brass. I see lots of things I like, but the brass stops me from ordering.

Ditto. No matter how much I like a jewelry item, I won't buy it if it any part of it is made of brass or bronze. Or copper. That is a deal killer, too.

Ditto again. I don't like mixed metals and I'm done with leather. It doesn't wear well when used for jewelry; I consider it "temporary" jewelry.
Respected Contributor

I would love a chunky turquoise heart enhancer ,set in silver with a rope design framing the stone (: eta.....not a fan of brass either, but I know some of you love it.
Honored Contributor

On 7/8/2014 Over 45 said:

Carolyn,
Could you sell a boxed set of tiny clasped enhancers no larger than your charms?

Why don't you just buy charms? Most are copies of many of her pendants. You can pick them up on eBay and Amazon. I have a bracelet with every link filled plus one on the clasp, one on either side of the clasp and one on another bracelet, total 25-30. There are plenty of them out there.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Spiny oyster -- do y'all want orange or purple?

Honored Contributor

Gemstone necklaces longer than 17" in lapis maybe, picture jasper, some other stone. If you have to bring in turquoise, could you please lay off of the sleeping beauty?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

Agree with Kachina - I have about 35 charms - wonderful when you want something small around your neck - I'm wearing one right now - basically they are ""mini"" enhancers - if you want something a tiny bit bigger there are quite a few smaller ones out there too. Oh and Kachina - thanks - I have one of Jay's and also some other ones of good quality but I want one that is thicker and set with tq/ and coral - or even Lapis --or - just a beautiful silver scrolled design.

Contributor

I would like Carolyn to downsize some of her ideas. I have several large rings such as the pink coral flower ring from a few months ago. It is nice but I would like it smaller. Also items like the red, white and blue anklet except as a bracelet. If someone from CPJ is reading these post how about a few more inserts for the TSV, especially a red coral one?