Frequent Contributor

I went onto her jewelry website yesterday and say a message across the top that CP designs are retiring in 2021.  

Are they retiring certain collections or is the brand going away entirely?

There are no huge sales on the site, so I'm not sure what to think.

What about American West?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Carolyn Pollack retiring?

At the end of 2019, CP had a HUGE sale on her jewelry, on her website.  I am talking like 90% off with free shipping.  I bought a ton of stuff, some of it I don't think I will ever wear.  The prices were so low that they had to be losing money on some of it.  I did not see such a sale like that at the end of 2020.  I still get her emails.  Frankly, I don't look that close, but it seems to be the same styles over and over again.  I really like her jewelry and hope she stay around for a long time.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I had never even seen her own website and only know her from American West on QVC.

Looks like in "her story" section, she says she's just retiring CP Jewelry to focus, souly, on their AW QVC brand, which will continue. 

I don't know how updated her website or that info is.

Esteemed Contributor

Theres been a lot of discussion about this following last year's amazing sale; CP says she's not retiring just going forward with only American West.  I belong to a CP Divas group on FB  and that group buys A LOT ( including Squash Blossom necklaces in multiples and bracelets in every option available.  If these ladies are any indication, AW is doing just fine.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I bought a few things when she had her big sale, and the prices were amazing. Right now CP prices on her website firstnamelastnamejewelry dot com are too high for me to even consider buying anything, and if they are retiring the CP line I'd think the prices could be better. I find American West to be unjustifyibly too expensive and will not spend that much money.

Honored Contributor

AW God I hope not ! She will be soley with slow *** QVC !  I live 4 hours from New Mexico and I get stuff faster then the crow flies. If I have to go thru Q

that will cut down on me ordering.

Say it ain't so. Think I'll send them an email. 

Honored Contributor

Good Afternoon ,

Thank you for contacting us.

No, this is not true.

You still will be able to purchase directly through our retail websites, Amazon & Macy's.

Thank you !

Esteemed Contributor

I am a collector of Native American jewelry with many pieces purchased on my trips to the southwest.  I especially like my pawn pieces. The prices now are very high so I'm glad I have the pieces I have. I have a few of Carolyn's pieces from years back when she showcased true Native American designers.  I favor supporting these artists. I hope she stays around because she offers a style not offered by other jewelry shows.

Honored Contributor

yeah, prices are high, bet, their planning an event when they will go on sale, etc.

Honored Contributor

I too am an American West devotee. I have been collecting since I was a young girl. My dad made lots of trips for business and brought turquoise (my birthstone) pieces back to me. I've always loved nature stones.

At QVC I've bought both CP and AW. 

Recently I got an email from Macy's about her line. I guess they saw me looking!

I too bought quite a bit of her CP line last December (2019). I have some of her pieces from her trip to Italy. 

We might see a few pieces of CP mixed in the AW shows, although they might be called "AW."

If QVC discontinues the AW line I will be more than disappointed! Let's hope it's here to stay!  Smiley Happy