Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I seem to recall years ago when QVC did, in fact, give the gram weight.  But that all stopped when the price of gold sky rocketed.  At least that's my recollection.  Similarly, I can remember that they used to give carat weight.  They might still do that now, on occasion. I just don't know because I don't buy much jewelry any more.

@Krimpette   I too remember the days when they made a big deal about the gram weights of both gold and silver and bragged that they were the only shopping channel that gave those weights.

Now if they mentioned the weight of their gold, they'd be embarrassed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I seem to recall years ago when QVC did, in fact, give the gram weight.  But that all stopped when the price of gold sky rocketed.  At least that's my recollection.  Similarly, I can remember that they used to give carat weight.  They might still do that now, on occasion. I just don't know because I don't buy much jewelry any more.

They did.  I always made sure to look for that.  Yet they do it for silver.,

Trusted Contributor

They used to be better at this back in the day when jewelry represented an important product category for the station.  It clearly hans't been for a long time and now they just can't be bothered.  The only reason to buy jewelry here is if you see something you really like that you don't find anywhere else.  Otherwise, to quote the Miracles, You Gotta Shop Around.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Thar is precisely why I have never purchased any serious gold jewelry from QVC.   I've been a customer for well over 35 years and they have never given gram weights for gold jewelry.  I think they do give carat weights but they don't give any other specs for diamonds and other gemstones.  Other shopping channels always provide the necessary information for gold and platinum jewelry.

Actually QVC used to always give gram weights up until about 15 years ago.

JTV rarely mentions gram weights on air, but they are in the description.