Occasional Contributor

When I watch a Jewelry  show I appreciate the people and conversation,

but that’s not what I’m buying.

I would love the focus to be on the piece and up close as close as possible 

not a distant shot of beautiful model or people chatting.

thank you 

Honored Contributor

I would add that the host and guest should have "modest" manicures.  Not overly long, distracting nails.

Honored Contributor

I'm kind of the opposite in some ways.

I agree I don't like it when they show that far off shot of the model and a really quick close-up of the ring or whatever, but I also hate it when they just keep on a close-up of the jewelry with no face, while the host and vendor are talking on and on. Just empty talking heads.

I like a balance.

And when someone calls in (heaven forbid!), I agree they don't need that far off shot-just include everything.

Some of the camera people seem very inexperienced or just maddening, while a few others are very good.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Camera people please !

[ Edited ]

Oh also the slow fade in and out of the model-so annoying! Ok I'll stop now!Woman Frustrated

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I noticed the hosts are not showing the clasp on the bracelets and necklaces like they did years ago. I also don't see where they need a model to show the jewelry when they have a female host who is putting on and showing the jewelry. Now, if Rick or the new guy is showing jewelry then they do need a model.

Respected Contributor

Yes, and please show the clasp and the underside of the ring!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I like to see all the details up close AND to see it on the model at a little distance.  And I would like the model to move, so I can see how the piece moves...

Honored Contributor

When it comes to jewelry, I don't even care about lovely models in designer clothes and perfect makeup.  I care about the jewelry.  I want close ups of the jewelry, I want carat weights and measurements.  I want to see the piece from all sides.  I'll say it again, I want carat weights; I want to hear it and also see it on the screen. Also gram weights for gold and silver.   The thing with QVC jewelry is that you often have absolutely no idea of what you are buying.  The visuals are beautiful but I'm not purchasing hosts or models.

Honored Contributor

And please, only hosts who will actually try on the pieces.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I also like balance.  When I tune in and see nothing but the piece or nothing but the host for minutes and minutes, I think the producer or camera person is on break and I'm gone.  I need to see both the scale on a person and a closeup.