Honored Contributor

I got a cameo from Etsy for my mother, it's a religious cameo. But the woman does all kinds of cameos, I know she has a hummingbird cameo and a Scottish thistle. If you're looking for a less traditional cameo I would try Etsy.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch  Essie, as I said above, I think they look old ladyish on an old lady.  However, if one is basically too young to be classified as such, she doesn't have to worry about it.  Does that even make sense? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I have a variety of cameos from when QVC used to sell them years ago. Pendant, earrings, pin, ring, enhancer. Very simple ones in simple settings. Plus a few from ebay. I love them. I think they're elegant and feminine. Maybe they age me but I don't care. I wear the pin on a blazer when I go out to dinner with friends. Sometimes I wear the earrings for every day. I certainly wouldn't buy any more since there aren't that many opportunities to wear what I have.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a cameo but I have always loved the idea of cameos.  I don't have a particularly dressy lifestyle now but that does not stop me from wearing my jewelry; diamonds, emeralds, pearls....I wear whatever I happen to be wearing that day.  I actually like the look of  serious jewelry with jeans, a white tee and thong sandals. 

Respected Contributor

Cameos are in the same category to me as pearls. They're both definitely "traditonal" and "pretty".

I am not a big fan of either one, even though they both can be beautiful and add a ladylike touch to more classic or formal attire. 

Must say though, Michael V's are beautiful...

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919

These are my non-traditional cat cameo pieces from Marc Jacobs.

Main Image - MARC BY MARC JACOBS 'Rue' Cat Cameo Pendant Necklace:

images (225×225): Image result for marc jacobs cat cameo bracelet:

Trusted Contributor

Although I don't have any Michael V cameos, I do have several and I wear them often. I am a brooch/pin nut and have all kinds to wear on my suit lapels or dresses.  If they make me look "old lady-ish" I don't care.  After all, I am an old lady!  Some I bought in Italy, some are antiques Beloved spouse gave me as gifts.  I wear them with matching cameo earringsI bought in Laguna.  They are lovely, feminine pieces  with a long history.

If you don't feel that way about them, then I could see how they may not be your thing.  You could always gift them to someone who would enjoy them.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a MV cameo ring but I've never worn it.  Looks too "old ladyish".  Had a 14k cameo ring of mom's but gave it to a niece. 

@Kachina624  I have to totally agree.  Cameo's are way too old ladyish looking.

Honored Contributor

I had 18k gold cameo stud earrings from Italy that i loved. I gave them away (long story).

I have my great aunt's cameo pin/pendant.  I never wear it but I love seeing it in my jewelry box.  It's really large and would look good on a coat or scarf.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I have a small collection bought for me by DH. I wear them on my denim jacket, about 5 grouped together. They do get noticed, and sometimes someone will wonder why they hadn't thought wearing them that way themselves.

It seems to me a more relaxed way to wear them, and it makes DH happy to see them being worn.  pinky