Honored Contributor

Being the only great granddaughter & granddaughter on both sides of the family (lucky me), I've inherited some gorgeous pieces and some I've sold. My great grandmother left me a black cameo pin (huge) with matching earrings. It's pretty, but pin the size of an egg. If smaller, would have made it an enhancer to wear on pearls. All 3 pieces in safe & will most likely sell...even earrings too big too for ring. Black cameos are unusual though.

Honored Contributor

@pinky ann wrote:

I have a small collection bought for me by DH. I wear them on my denim jacket, about 5 grouped together. They do get noticed, and sometimes someone will wonder why they hadn't thought wearing them that way themselves.

It seems to me a more relaxed way to wear them, and it makes DH happy to see them being worn.  pinky

Hi Pinky, I bet those look really cute on your jacket.  I saw a presentation with Diane gilman on HSN and she had a grouping of pins on a denim jacket and they looked really cute.  What a unique way to wear your cameos.  I might try that, however I only have one pin but it will look cool on my denim jacket.  Not sure why people think cameos are old ladyish.  Keep rocking your cameos lol.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

yellow919,

I'm glad to know someone on tv uses an idea that I really like. There's something about pins of any kind worn on denim that seems to garner attention. I love wearing them as sometimes my skin gets irritated easily with other jewelry, but not the case with pins.

Your cameo will look great whatever you decide to wear it on. I want to use my things, and try to think of different ways to do so. Enjoy your cameo and all of your other jewelry as well! Smiley Happy   pinky

Honored Contributor

I just LOVE a good statement necklace...and I made an entire set of them by repurposing a vintage silverplate spoon into a flattened pendant and adding a retro (dead stock) cameo cabochon. It's easier than it looks- and I got to use an anvil! I love how each one is unique and one-of-a-kind. Fun DIY upcycle / repurpose jewelry craft project from #SadieSeasongoods / www.sadieseasongoods.com:

Honored Contributor

repurpose vintage jewelry into bookmarks:

Honored Contributor

Embellished Picture Frame Using Vintage by ATELIERPRINCIPESSA, $35.00:

Honored Contributor

Vintage Brooch in Ponytail  #wearvintage:

Valued Contributor

O.k., who has any Joan Rivers cameos? (raising hand) She did a mother-and-daughter resin cameo broach that was absolutely scrumptious. One version was in a light lavendar trimmed with that beautiful JR enameling. To die for. Something to look for on ebay for this Mother's Day.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a MV cameo ring but I've never worn it.  Looks too "old ladyish".  Had a 14k cameo ring of mom's but gave it to a niece. 

This is your OPINION but not everyone feels the same about them. I'd love to have a qenuine cameo pin.The only real cameo I own is a real conch shell with a cameo carved in it that I bought in Key West many years ago.