Honored Contributor

@Calling Shanus. Whoopie!

[ Edited ]

I can't believe I won this bracelet in an auction tonight!  The artist has a lot of friends, and when I contacted her about 2 weeks ago, she retired with breathing problems  very recently.   

This will layer beautifully with the other bracelets I have!  The stone is amethyst,  and on my side of the color wheel!  It will go great with everything!

20200719_204306.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: @Calling Shanus. Whoopie!

@ECBG Wow! Lucky you. I rarely win anything. Watch out for toggle closure. I've lost many bracelets that had them because the bar catches on something and pulls through. It's beautiful. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Beautiful!  Think about getting a safety chain for it.  The toggle looks smallish for the loop.  I've lost a couple of bracelets because of this.  They make safety chains with a clasp on each end, you attach it to each end of the bracelet.

Looks like this:

Sterling Silver 925 2 inch Safety CHAIN EXTENDER with 2 image 0

Honored Contributor

do those 2 lobster claw things clasp together ?

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  No; they go on each end of the bracelet so the bracelet never fully opens.   It only expands as large as the safety chain allows it, so hopefully you catch it before the bracelet falls off completely.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE Although it's not exactly the same, here's a picture of the safety chain I bought for one of my Trollbead bracelets:

IMG_4151.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

do those 2 lobster claw things clasp together ?

@SharkE One goes on each end of the bracelet similar to when watches had safety chains.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@SharkEAlthough it's not exactly the same, here's a picture of the safety chain I bought for one of my Trollbead bracelets:

IMG_4151.jpg

That's a good idea and folks can feel secure and not have to watch it like a hawk all the time.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon - What a beautiful bracelet! They just opened a store in a mall near us shortly before the pandemic hit. 

DD has three bracelets. Her best friend gave her the starter bracelet when they were in high school and we and others added to it through the years on special occasions. DS was a junior in high school when his music group toured Europe. He asked me what he could bring to DD for a souvenir. I told him a bead for her bracelet that you could get only in that country. He didn't take his cell phone ( It was our choice- some parents did allow them) so we didn't talk to him much. They stayed some places along the way where we could email him. When I met up with some of the other moms one said her daughter (one of his good friends) told her everywhere they went the first place they went when they had free time was a Troll beads store because he wanted to find one! So instead of coming home with ONE bead for his sister, he brought her about six! And she does treasure them. I'm going to tell her about the safety chain. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG - Congratulations! That's a great bracelet and I'm glad you're so happy with it!  Smiley Happy