Honored Contributor

CTW. what size do you like best?

In trying to narrow down what I really like, just found out, how much I like the main stone to be about a 1.75 size. Love rose gold bands and if I say 3-tier look, but one band maybe you know what I mean. That just really appeals to me (this week). Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Re: CTW. what size do you like best?

This can't be used as a guide.  A one carat diamond is not the same physical size as a one carat Emerald...

We often think of diamond carat size when speaking about jewelry. However, we shouldn't think of diamonds—or any gemstone, for that matter—in terms of carat size. Why? Because carats actually measure the weight of a gemstone. One carat, by today's criteria, is equivalent to one-fifth of a gram. Since different varieties of gemstones (such as a ruby and an emerald) have different densities, physical size alone cannot be used to compare carat weights across varieties. In fact, different varieties of gemstones may be close in size, but their carat weights could vary considerably. Under certain conditions, size can be used to compare carat weights. When comparing gemstones of the same variety with the same type of cut, size can be used to compare carat weight. A diamond carat size chart allows consumers to visually compare diamonds with the same diamond cuts according to carat size.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal

Whatever the stone size, to keep it and other non-porous stones bright you might want to look into a jewelry steamer.  Gave one to myself for Christmas (Sharper Image had a sale ) and can't believe how my gold, diamonds and sapphire pieces shine even without putting a light on them.   Donated the ultrasonic device:  it just shook things up.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

In trying to narrow down what I really like, just found out, how much I like the main stone to be about a 1.75 size. Love rose gold bands and if I say 3-tier look, but one band maybe you know what I mean. That just really appeals to me (this week). Woman Wink

@qualitygal

I'm not clear .....  Why are you trying to "narrow down" what you really like?  Why not just take things on a case by case (or ring by ring) basis?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44, if you only knew! LOL. I repeat, I love jewelry.