Super Contributor

WOW - Today while browsing I was surprised to see 4 pages of CP items on The Shopping Channel. I wasn't aware of that. Any comments??

Also how did you like the 2 AW shows that were recently aired? I was sad to say I found lthem quite boring. Maybe the one in January will be better - sure hope so!

Valued Contributor

Wow, that is a surprise. Carolyn is even in the videos. I'm not familiar with this channel - does this mean she has live shows on there too?

I would have expected her to be locked into a non-compete contract with QVC. Instead she's selling the exact same items on a competing TV shopping channel.

And yes, I thought today's shows were a snoozefest. So sick of the sight of sleeping beauty.

Editing to add: I'm currently feeling that unless she brings some new Kenneth Johnson pieces in January, or something similar, I'm out. It's getting very stale.

Valued Contributor

I have seen Carolyn's jewelry in the Ross Simmons catalog.

Contributor

TSC is the Shopping Channel. It is in Canada. They have products from both HSN and QVC. They have Temp-tations, Diane Gilman, etc. etc.

Honored Contributor
I have a feeling that perhaps the company is not doing well. The first clue was when they moved their store from a beautiful (expensive, I'm sure) location in Albuquerque to a has-been, down & out discount mall in Santa Fe. Southwest jewelry ebbs and flows in popularity and right now it seems to be ebbing. We don't even see Carolyn on QVC very often these days. I think they are smart to diversify and venture into new markets. I know this type of jewelry is very popular in Western Canada where there's a definite "cowboy" vibe (think Calgary Stampede).
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I have bought some of her pieces on Amazon also. They are listed under ""Relios"" or you can search under the individual designers' names.

Super Contributor

Oh - thanks - that explains it - I forgot about her shows in Canada --and yes- Kachina - you are right - and CP is smart to diversify if they want to make a profit - but I'm kind of with Pagan - I buy very little - only an occasional ""Lunchtime Special"" unless it's from one of the Native Designers. You just reach a point of saturation and enough is enough unless it's very special. I do still love her jewelry but I much prefer the older pieces - I just bought a gorgeous ring - a Carlisle piece - heavy and lovely - that's pretty much where I spend my money on jewelry these days!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
CL, good to see you posting. The only jewelry I've bought have been a couple of Navajo pieces by Alex Sanchez. I'm not in the market for AW type of jewelry. Did you notice the price hike on the SB Naja? Close to $100, I believe. You're so right about the saturation point. I only look for things that are innovative and very different. How about a picture of the Carlisle ring?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
Nothing in the show was exciting to me either. I find that I don't wear my jewelry nearly as much in the winter, guess it's too much with all the layers plus a coat. Wow, a hundred more on the SB Naja ....that's crazy !
Esteemed Contributor

Carolyn Pollack was a vendor on The Shopping Channel in Canada about 11 or more years ago and then came back to TSC about a year ago or so. I can't tell how well her stuff sells in Canada...quite a bit of it is on sale now on TSC.

I decided to buy a rhodonite and sterling silver ring that's on clearance. There's one clearance show on Monday on TSC of some of her jewelry so I decided to get a jump start before the ring I like sells out.

I do have a nice C.P. sterling silver charm bracelet (minus any charms) that I bought on clearance last summer and a nice amazonite sterling silver bangle bracelet that I bought on clearance around the beginning of the new year.

I do appreciate that her jewelry line is made in the U.S. as very little sterling silver jewelry sold in Canada is made in North America any more.