Valued Contributor

I don't usually spend this much on a piece of jewelry but this is something I would wear all the time. I bought two. I am going to have my jeweler take one necklace and make a bracelet out of it and then use the rest of the beads to lengthen the other necklace. I cannot wear an 18 inch necklace but want this so bad I am going to put the extra money into it and get something I really want. I think this would work. Do you think so?

Frequent Contributor

Good morning morning gloy,

I have this necklace in both lengths. When I want a longer necklace I use the bracelet to lengthen it. I have the 6 3/4 length bracelet and it works beautifully. Place the bracelet in the back if you don't want the clasps to show. Just a suggestion. Then you have the bracelet when you want to wear the necklaces at their original length.

Hope this suggestion helps.

Super Contributor

Stoney's suggestion is spot on morning gloy - I do that a lot with my necklaces also! You will enjoy them - they are Carolyn's signature beads!

Valued Contributor

My first idea was to buy the 8 inch bracelet to fasten to the necklace but when I put it in my cart it was $172. The way I thought was I would use that to add to the necklace to make a 26 inch necklace. But for $192 I got an 18 inch necklace and could have the 8 inch bracelet plus the addition of 10 inches to the necklace made by the jeweler for a better price for what I want. This way I can still add the 8 inch bracelet to the necklace I am having made and have a 36 inch necklace if I want to add it. I hope this is understandable. I don't know how else to explain it. It is a better deal to buy the second necklace for me to get what I need.

Valued Contributor

I like that you guys tried to help me out. I was on my way to doing just what you said. I am happy with anything I buy from Carolyn Pollack and those beads are gorgeous. Thanks cooking lady and Stoney.

Super Contributor
On 2/10/2014 morning gloy said:

My first idea was to buy the 8 inch bracelet to fasten to the necklace but when I put it in my cart it was $172. The way I thought was I would use that to add to the necklace to make a 26 inch necklace. But for $192 I got an 18 inch necklace and could have the 8 inch bracelet plus the addition of 10 inches to the necklace made by the jeweler for a better price for what I want. This way I can still add the 8 inch bracelet to the necklace I am having made and have a 36 inch necklace if I want to add it. I hope this is understandable. I don't know how else to explain it. It is a better deal to buy the second necklace for me to get what I need.

I think it's a great idea -- at the LQ price, two necklaces are a better value. The only hiccup might be the labor, but it shouldn't cost much just to modify one necklace into two pieces. The beads are the important part. When you have the bracelet made, be sure to account for the chunkiness of the beads and add a little extra length.

Let us know how it works out! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

morning gloy,

If I could make another suggestion. I would contact Carolyn Pollack's customer service and see if they would be willing to make the changes you want. I have had wonderful experiences with them, they are so helpful and repairs and modifications are very inexpensive. It wouldn't hurt to give them a call and see. Ask for Lawrence.

Your idea makes perfect sense.

Valued Contributor

I like your suggestion of contacting Carolyn Pollack's customer service. It would be interesting to see if they do this kind of work. I will try that. I am going to have a nice piece of jewelry if I can get this done. I will let you know what happens. Sometimes my ideas work and sometimes they don't but I think my jeweler would know pretty quickly if it can be done. He's a master at jewelry repair. Thanks for the great suggestions. I just think those beads are worth the trouble of trying to make it work.

Super Contributor

Stoney - such a great suggestion - I hadn't thought of that - they have done things for me too - above and beyond - and at a reasonable price --MG - give it a shot - sure can't hurt - just email or call Lawrence!

Frequent Contributor

Carolyn's Service Department is wonderful. I had bought a 16 in gemstone and cultured pearl necklace of hers (16in) that was the last one at a great price back in the Fall. I normally wear 16in with no problems at all, but because the stones were chunky it was a bit uncomfortable. At first I was going to just live with it, but I decided to call, and they added two inches to make it 18inches. I couldn't believe how quickly I got it back. They were so nice and were willing to make it any length I wanted. Top notch Customer Service!