Occasional Contributor

I do know that Kohl's has quite a selection of clip earrings.

Honored Contributor

If one has no problem with the piercing studs (stainless steel), but does with gold and silver, I'd guess you were allergic to those metals. There is nothing wrong with piercing shops at the mall, they do a better job than doctors, who often can't get the holes in the right spot. See Heather Hall on Shop HQ, holes are too low. In my case doc got them crooked. I had to take a couple stiff drinks and re-pierce one myself that night.

Super Contributor

I found some great ones on Ebay! I looked at Kohls and they no longer carried them!

Valued Contributor

For newly pierced ears, wire works better and allows the ear to heal. Studs cause problems because they are wider and block air flow and cut off circulation. They also trap dirt. Its almost impossible to get a place to pierce without studs but you can try. Otherwise, as 'depglass' said, take a stiff drink and do your own.

Frequent Contributor

They had some clip hoops on QVC today on the white silver show.

Not applicable
Try searching Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and Avon for "Clip Earring Converter." I saw three different styles of converters on eBay, one from Avon, and Walmart showed a package of two pair, one gold rhodium and one silver rhodium plated for only about $2.00. I was looking for something like this just last week because my mom and sister have the same situation with non-pierced ears. If you find some converters that work for you, then it won't matter if you can't find clip earrings. Good luck on your quest!
Honored Contributor

Why not just get your ears pierced .... and you can buy anything you want?

Frequent Contributor

I did my own back in the day. Used a old cork, large needle from my Mother's sewing box. Didn't sterilize anything...threaded the needle w/heavy thread. Marked the spot, pushed the needle through & cut the thread...did the 2nd ear. Then I put a stud in each hole, gently pulled out the thread. Never had a problem then or now. Then I did my Mom's & my sisters.

Contributor

Here's what I've seen for clip earrings in department stores, could be more but these are what I've noticed.

Macys -Jones New York, Anne Klein, Charter Club

JC Penney - Monet

Kohls - Trifari and Napier

Bonton stores - Napier, Anne Klein.

Frequent Contributor
I never had my ears pierced so I have always found a way to find great earrings. a good earring that already has an omega back can very easily be converted to clip. I have Roberto Coin, Dawkins, Siedengang, and John Hardy earrings that have all been easily converted. Usually, the department store converted them for me on the spot. if not any jeweler can do it. Unfortunately, that is the only way to get really nice earrings when you wear clips. I found that the beautiful costume jewelry that is out there has not worked for me for converting as the higher end stuff does.