Esteemed Contributor

I have not been able to find any information about this brand of watches on Google.  Is anyone familiar with this brand and is it a quality brand?

Valued Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I have not been able to find any information about this brand of watches on Google.  Is anyone familiar with this brand and is it a quality brand?

Perhaps you're referencing "Chaumet", @colliegirls.  They're quite stunning timepieces!

Respected Contributor

There is actually a brand by the name of Chaumont.  I am not familiar with them other than that they are made in Japan.  Sears sells them and so does amazon and overstock.  I don't see any reviews on them though.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Valued Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

There is actually a brand by the name of Chaumont.  I am not familiar with them other than that they are made in Japan.  Sears sells them and so does amazon and overstock.  I don't see any reviews on them though.

Thanks so much for your clarification, @Karnerblue!  If my post seemed at all presumptuous, I apologize, @colliegirls.  Owning a Chaumet watch has always been a dream of mine!

Respected Contributor

@Dallas-Dame no worries.  Please, now you have me in love.  I am a huge watch fan.  I took a look and they are beautiful.  I bet expensive too because there are no prices unless you request them.  I'll add them to my dream list.Smiley Happy

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Valued Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

@Dallas-Dame no worries.  Please, now you have me in love.  I am a huge watch fan.  I took a look and they are beautiful.  I bet expensive too because there are no prices unless you request them.  I'll add them to my dream list.Smiley Happy

Your kind words made me smile, @Karnerblue...thank you.  For me, they're quite expensive and truly aspirational.  I recall visiting Chaumet when in Paris many years ago...it was a very memorable visit even though no purchases were made!

Honored Contributor

Re: CHAUMONT WATCHES???

[ Edited ]

You'd probably get a great technical assessment by asking one of the experts on the watch forum.

Very expensive and beautiful.  I'd guess really fine quality.

2016-04-05 15.30.18.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Dallas-Dame wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

Thanks so much for your clarification, @Karnerblue!  If my post seemed at all presumptuous, I apologize, @colliegirls.  Owning a Chaumet watch has always been a dream of mine!

No problem!  I know about Chaumet but saw a Chaumont watch (it would be a graduation gift) that was lovely but I have never heard of that brand.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls  From what I see of Chaumont watches online, they're cheapies, under $50.  They're probably playing off the name.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment