Valued Contributor

Re: CHANGING JEWELRY HABITS AFTER THIS....

@ Shanus - I get what you mean.  I'm sure you are not sitting around dwelling on it all day, but the thought very well could cross a person's mind that it would not be wise to wear nice pieces when we do finally get out.  People do notice!  There will be a lot of desperate people roaming around, too   Not a good idea to "flaunt" (I know it's not flaunting, just wearing what you have) in these times.  My engagement and eternity band will be staying in the jewelry box, as well as my diamond studs.  I love them all, but staying safe and not aggravating others is more important..

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

@ Shanus - I get what you mean.  I'm sure you are not sitting around dwelling on it all day, but the thought very well could cross a person's mind that it would not be wise to wear nice pieces when we do finally get out.  People do notice!  There will be a lot of desperate people roaming around, too   Not a good idea to "flaunt" (I know it's not flaunting, just wearing what you have) in these times.  My engagement and eternity band will be staying in the jewelry box, as well as my diamond studs.  I love them all, but staying safe and not aggravating others is more important..

Thank you @Tessa Mendoza . Not many here understood the point I was trying to make. Although my pieces are insured, it's considerate not to flaunt jewelry when others are jobless. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

Thank you @Tessa Mendoza . Not many here understood the point I was trying to make. Although my pieces are insured, it's considerate not to flaunt jewelry when others are jobless. 

@Shanus 

i think most understood your point, but some of us disagreed.

you may not have understood what others are saying either. there are always jobless people around you, those who are hurting, or those less fortunate, but that may not stop you from wearing your items, or talking about a vacation, or going out for dinner and a show. one other point that some of us were trying to make.....those that are jobless during this time are not worried about what other people are wearing or doing. they are trying to get by as best as they can.

i dont find it inconsiderate to be doing things you normally do. i guess you feel differently though?

that is just MY take on the situation.

stay safe everyone!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein