Super Contributor

Re: CAROLYN POLLACK BACK THURS 6/19 & FRI 6/20 - YEA !

On 6/19/2014 Haca said:

Agree with you, Jug. AW is coming, sigh.

Maybe there should be more time between the regular CPJ shows, so they can concentrate on bringing us more variety? What do you all think of fewer shows and a larger selection? I personally love watching Carolyn talk about her jewelry, though. In my book she could have a monthly appearance, but that would not be fair to others. And yes, I am one of those who doesn't buy right away. I usually need to think my purchases through, lol. Of course, I have missed out on special "limited" editions. I have also noticed that Danny (Or Paz) brought us fewer new designs the last time. And if I remember correctly, the shows were only an hour.

The Q could have a special "designer sale" show? Maybe they've done that and I missed it. I also agree with many posters/threads on the number of designers that have left this channel. The "Q" used to have a much larger and more interesting offering. I know it's all about the bottom line, however, this lack of variety may drive many Q customers to other online sites and finally away from this channel. Just saying....

A few years back when Carolyn did her touring across America, etc., she was at the Q every month! It was overwhelming to say the least because I wanted several things from every show . . oy! At the same time, I agree with you - I love to watch her - it's very easy to watch her, but it sometimes depends on who is hosting with her. I wish the hosts would let her talk more and have more hands-on with the jewelry. For a while - they did just that, and it was great. I know things change, but it's just not as fun as it used to be. I think many of the hosts are all about how they look and what they say - as if they were actors lol it's a bit much sometimes. (I'm sure some folks will chime in on that comment - I really don't care - that's how I feel!) I'm glad I'm only into AW at this point, although I like Or Paz and many of the artisan pieces.

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Hi sisters!!! Like you, I noticed a lot of the "new" pieces I saw show up late last night aren't really new. There are some I've wanted, but I too am waiting for AW - actually already started! Wink

I've noticed a lot of QVC's designers are bringing back pieces that are older ones. It's good it gives us another chance if we want one!

I've set my DVR for Carolyn's shows today - hope I'll get to watch tonight! Smile

Super Contributor

J293995 Carolyn Pollack Sterling Teal Mother-of-Pearl Doublet Cuff

Is turquoise really that limited?

Super Contributor

On 6/19/2014 Haca said:
On 6/18/2014 kathoderay said:

Shop, it's J294559. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Kath, are you getting me into trouble again??? I have enough watches courtesy of my dad who used to repair them. However, none of them has turquoise gems. I love the black band with the brightness of the silver and the blueness of the stones. A very nice design. I am trying to hold out for the AW shows for crying out loud. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Are you thinking of getting this beauty?

{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Haca, no I wont be ordering the watch, pretty as it is. You're right, the AW shows are only TWO weeks away! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Super Contributor

On 6/19/2014 ennui1 said:

J293995 Carolyn Pollack Sterling Teal Mother-of-Pearl Doublet Cuff

Is turquoise really that limited?

The new J293995 cuff is designed to go with the other pieces in the teal collection that debuted awhile back.

Super Contributor

I see the board is finally fixed, I tried to come on over an hour ago when the show started and it was lagging.

Nice pieces, most out of my current price range but I still enjoy watching.

Super Contributor

On 6/19/2014 pistolino said:

I see the board is finally fixed, I tried to come on over an hour ago when the show started and it was lagging.

I've been getting server errors all morning. QVC must be "upgrading." {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Wait ... what? The Sleeping Beauty mine is closed?!?! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

I thought Jennifer did a very nice job with Carolyn today. It was a nice, relaxed show.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

On 6/19/2014 kachina624 said: I thought Jennifer did a very nice job with Carolyn today. It was a nice, relaxed show.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Respected Contributor

I like the watch but wish it had a second hand. Plus, not so thrilled with the CP on the face (maybe it's not as noticeable in person).