Valued Contributor

Re: CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH…Anybody watching/shopping?

I gave in and bought the turquoise/lapis OTO earrings. Love both stones. The online-only necklace I was eyeing sold out already. Not meant to be.
Honored Contributor

Oh gosh... I guess I'll be wrapping it up with Jane. She just said that Rick will be with Mary Beth for the closer... Why couldn't they just let Mary Beth do the wrap up solo...

Antonella was showing some gorgeous stuff earlier, but Jane's show is really nothing special, at least the part I've seen.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Pat did the gold shows prior to MBR. She also did the Elegance of 18k shows. I had the show on from 11pm for about 20 min, today I saw Jill for 3 items. Having looked online, the styles seemed like reruns of years ago or else the prices were prohibitive. And, the shipping charges were just ridiculous. Nothing jumped out at me. I thought the sleeping beauty turquoise Q's in short supply; why are we seeing soooooo much of it lately?
Honored Contributor

Nope

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/23/2015 grandma r said: Pat did the gold shows prior to MBR. She also did the Elegance of 18k shows. I had the show on from 11pm for about 20 min, today I saw Jill for 3 items. Having looked online, the styles seemed like reruns of years ago or else the prices were prohibitive. And, the shipping charges were just ridiculous. Nothing jumped out at me. I thought the sleeping beauty turquoise Q's in short supply; why are we seeing soooooo much of it lately?

I agree about the shipping and handling charges--they range from $8.22 for a ring to $10.22 for the doublet cross. Someone at the Q must be smoking something to think people would pay these ridiculous prices----who cares how many easy pays. I don't want to pay 6 months of easy pay-- I would have to be on some heavy medication to even consider some of these prices plus shipping and handling. I have watched the show for about 10 minutes and saw nothing I wanted or could afford.

Honored Contributor

I've been watching but at my old age it doesn't make sense to buy anymore expensive jewelry.

I have some amazing jewelry. The really expensive stuff I gave to my daughters when my husband died. The gold jewelry (14K) with gemstones I kept some of it.

I wear a lot of jewelry. Some is real, some not. All that matters to me is that I like it.

The fact is if it's gold it is going to be expensive. There are people who wanted to see 14K gold. They've gotten their day.

Good grief people. Let them have their all day gold day. More power to them.

Valued Contributor

I did not watch any of the shows but reviewed the merchandise. The only think I liked is the french wire gold bar drop earrings I saw on Jill. I think I have something similar which I bought years ago from QVC in a jewelry box so I will look for them tomorrow. : )

Trusted Contributor

I'd rather do without, than buy that gold over resin stuff. The resin stuff is too high for something with no real value.

Valued Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Lila4now said:

I'd rather do without, than buy that gold over resin stuff. The resin stuff is too high for something with no real value.

I feel the same way. Once I realized the SB doublet heart was silicone-filled, I cancelled the order. Gave in and did an advanced order on the stick earrings. If I change my mind, I can always cancel before the ship date.
Honored Contributor

Is 60 too old for those stick earrings?

If I was younger, I'd have grabbed them yesterday. I have gotten away from the longer earrings in the last few years. I don't want to be one of those old ladies who looks like she's trying to be 25 again.