Respected Contributor

Re: CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH…Anybody watching/shopping?

On 1/23/2015 blessed10 said:
On 1/23/2015 Burnsite said:

I like the look of the San Marco, though I would prefer it be smooth rather than "hammered." I am going to wait til there is a video up. I also like the double-rope with border bracelet, which isn't like anything I have yet is very compatible with my jewelry style.

Both are expensive, so I'll see. I agree with the poster above who thought QVC was by far the best jewelry source, compared with other TV/internet options. The CS is reliably good and I have had excellent luck with my purchases. If something doesn't please me, there is never a problem with returns. Shop NBC used to have some beautiful pieces and fortunately I never had a problem with a few orders I made...but their returns rules were too restrictive.

I prefer the polished as well, truthfully, and am lucky enough to own a YG and a tricolor SM polished; my WG is hammered, and I like it overall, but am not sure I would rush to get a similar design in YG, but would be interested to see it just for something different than what I already have. Not likely I will buy since I truly can't justify the expense for something I am not wowed by....

I am also considering the SM bracelet. My mom always liked them, don't think she ever got one. Whenever I see one I think of her...

While I like the look of polished gold, I'm thinking maybe the hammered might be better because it won't show dents as easily? I assume the links are hollow and not that strong. I'm thinking it probably would be too delicate for an everyday bracelet. How is your WG hammered? Is it holding up well and do you wear it often or is it more for dressing up?

I'm waiting for a video presentation on the model before I take the plunge...

Contributor

I watched the ""kick-off"" and the prices were too much for my budget. 5-6 monthly pay was still to much. I won't be watching today!

Frequent Contributor

On 1/23/2015 mjunkie said:

I like the look of the San Marco, though I would prefer it be smooth rather than "hammered." I am going to wait til there is a video up. I also like the double-rope with border bracelet, which isn't like anything I have yet is very compatible with my jewelry style.

Both are expensive, so I'll see. I agree with the poster above who thought QVC was by far the best jewelry source, compared with other TV/internet options. The CS is reliably good and I have had excellent luck with my purchases. If something doesn't please me, there is never a problem with returns. Shop NBC used to have some beautiful pieces and fortunately I never had a problem with a few orders I made...but their returns rules were too restrictive.

I prefer the polished as well, truthfully, and am lucky enough to own a YG and a tricolor SM polished; my WG is hammered, and I like it overall, but am not sure I would rush to get a similar design in YG, but would be interested to see it just for something different than what I already have. Not likely I will buy since I truly can't justify the expense for something I am not wowed by....

I am also considering the SM bracelet. My mom always liked them, don't think she ever got one. Whenever I see one I think of her...

While I like the look of polished gold, I'm thinking maybe the hammered might be better because it won't show dents as easily? I assume the links are hollow and not that strong. I'm thinking it probably would be too delicate for an everyday bracelet. How is your WG hammered? Is it holding up well and do you wear it often or is it more for dressing up?

Well, I just realized that the diamond cut and the hammered are the same bracelet...for some reason the 6-3/4 is described as hammered while the 7 1/4 and 8" are described as diamond cut. If you click on one, they all 3 come up as choices. They look identical in the still shots. Having said that, my hammered has held up well over the last 8 years, but I don't wear it every day,& I baby the heck out of my jewelry too. but yes it hides dents better than my polished. If I am not mistaken, all San Marcos are hollow, so they do dent easily. That is the negative

Honored Contributor

Can anyone else not click on the Items Recently Shown? I keep getting an error message.

Respected Contributor

On 1/23/2015 mjunkie said:

Well, I just realized that the diamond cut and the hammered are the same bracelet...for some reason the 6-3/4 is described as hammered while the 7 1/4 and 8" are described as diamond cut. If you click on one, they all 3 come up as choices. They look identical in the still shots. Having said that, my hammered has held up well over the last 8 years, but I don't wear it every day,& I baby the heck out of my jewelry too. but yes it hides dents better than my polished. If I am not mistaken, all San Marcos are hollow, so they do dent easily. That is the negative

Thanks so much for replying! Funny that the descriptions are different. I try to baby my jewelry too, but inevitably it gets knocked against something - my desk, cabinets, etc. Perhaps the hammered/diamond cut is better for me. What do you think of the price/value for this one?

Frequent Contributor

"Thanks so much for replying! Funny that the descriptions are different. I try to baby my jewelry too, but inevitably it gets knocked against something - my desk, cabinets, etc. Perhaps the hammered/diamond cut is better for me. What do you think of the price/value for this one?"

I will chew my right arm if they bother to present this before the evening is out...God forbid we would miss a nanosecond of SBT. So much for "new"; You know what I wish the Q would do? Show the full day product listings for each show like SNBC does, then you know when to try and tune in or even if what you want to see is even being presented. As for the price, I personally would say if you want to get it, today would be the day. I wouldn't pay another $95 for this, but that's just me. If this is your only SM then maybe it would be worth the $; I just have 3 others, so this is not something I would truly need to have. However, I checked Sarraf.com and they have a 7" 8.9g, YG SM today for around $540-ish dollars, so about the same. Both are offering free S/H. Enjoy it if you decide to order. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

San Marco is coming up at the 6 oclock show!! Looks lovely...I could be persuaded

Esteemed Contributor

Lisa R is gone. It is time for you to move on. Mary Beth always hosted the gold shows in the past and Pat James Dementri hosted the 18 k gold shows. Both of these hosts are good at their job.

Respected Contributor

"Thanks so much for replying! Funny that the descriptions are different. I try to baby my jewelry too, but inevitably it gets knocked against something - my desk, cabinets, etc. Perhaps the hammered/diamond cut is better for me. What do you think of the price/value for this one?"

I will chew my right arm if they bother to present this before the evening is out...God forbid we would miss a nanosecond of SBT. So much for "new"; You know what I wish the Q would do? Show the full day product listings for each show like SNBC does, then you know when to try and tune in or even if what you want to see is even being presented. As for the price, I personally would say if you want to get it, today would be the day. I wouldn't pay another $95 for this, but that's just me. If this is your only SM then maybe it would be worth the $; I just have 3 others, so this is not something I would truly need to have. However, I checked Sarraf.com and they have a 7" 8.9g, YG SM today for around $540-ish dollars, so about the same. Both are offering free S/H. Enjoy it if you decide to order. Smiley Happy

Your post made me LOL. The SM is coming up in Jane's show. I went ahead and ordered it now since I have on company on their way. Will record the show and watch the presentation later. Didn't want to miss out, but can cancel if I want. Doubt I will though, esp. with free shipping. Yay!
Honored Contributor

It's fun to watch now & then but not all day, all night. Not buying because at this stage in my life, I really don't need gold. I actually prefer sterling silver because for most part I dress casual so it suits my life style.

kindness is strength