Super Contributor

Re: CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH…Anybody watching/shopping?

I'm always surprised when QVC chooses a jewelry TSV which is so expensive. I think the TSV should be something that many people could buy.

Honored Contributor

I'll probably watch some of the shows today, though I'm not even tempted by the TSV. I'm just not enamored enough about the looks of it to pay that price. I think my gold buying days are over. Just more than I'm willing to spend for jewelry.

Honored Contributor

Not into gold, but not complaining about the event. Better than watching plants.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/23/2015 autumnfaire said:

I'm always surprised when QVC chooses a jewelry TSV which is so expensive. I think the TSV should be something that many people could buy.

I agree with you totally. Save the expensive stuff for an hour show for ""special pieces.""

Respected Contributor

Nice things. I simply do not have the resources at this time to buy any of it.

Honored Contributor

I had it on this morning with Nancy and nothing really caught my eye except the Sleeping Beauty cross. I would never in a million years buy that cross as it was way too expensive and a doublet, but I thought the style and design of it was gorgeous.

I hate to beat this into the ground but the shipping prices are ridiculous on this stuff.

I really dislike the TSV bracelet.

Frequent Contributor

I have always been partial to San Marco bracelets, and I am hoping they can get over their love affair with turquoise today long enough to present or at least upload a video to the hammered and diamond cut bracelets I have seen on the site. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Respected Contributor

I like the look of the San Marco, though I would prefer it be smooth rather than "hammered." I am going to wait til there is a video up. I also like the double-rope with border bracelet, which isn't like anything I have yet is very compatible with my jewelry style.

Both are expensive, so I'll see. I agree with the poster above who thought QVC was by far the best jewelry source, compared with other TV/internet options. The CS is reliably good and I have had excellent luck with my purchases. If something doesn't please me, there is never a problem with returns. Shop NBC used to have some beautiful pieces and fortunately I never had a problem with a few orders I made...but their returns rules were too restrictive.

Respected Contributor

Checking in now and then, every piece I liked was way out of my price range. Many high ticket pieces. I have many gold pieces from the good old days so no big deal. I don't even wear them often now that I don't work. Hope you all find something you like and can afford.

Respected Contributor

On 1/23/2015 blessed10 said:

I have always been partial to San Marco bracelets, and I am hoping they can get over their love affair with turquoise today long enough to present or at least upload a video to the hammered and diamond cut bracelets I have seen on the site. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

I agree way too much turquoise. The sleeping beauty story is getting old also. I'm sure there is enough around to last until I take my last breath. That's doesn't really make it a collectible to me.