Frequent Contributor
What is the appeal of bronze jewelry? It is a base metal. And I'm not trying to stir the pot here, just genuinely don't understand the appeal. Yes gold and silver have gone up in price, that's understood. However when I see Honora pearls in bronze I just wonder why. Sorry I just don't get it.....
Esteemed Contributor

After what seems like weeks of appliances, electronics, food, little gadgets, I would any welcome any show of jewelry!!

Contributor

Actually, if you watch the markets Gold and Silver have come down allot! I don't understand why jewelry prices haven't!... actually, they probably love making us all think it is still at an all time high!

Honored Contributor

JTV has a line of bronze as the base and 18K bonded on top, some beautiful pieces. Q's line is all bronze with different alloys to make it different colors.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the bronze hype either. It's costume jewelry and if someone wants costume, great, go for it. It's not for me.

I have a friend from Italy who laughs at how Q talks about bronze and gold painted resin. She said it's super cheap costume jewelry there and to think otherwise is funny.

Honored Contributor
On 12/7/2014 maltese mama said:

Actually, if you watch the markets Gold and Silver have come down allot! I don't understand why jewelry prices haven't!... actually, they probably love making us all think it is still at an all time high!

I agree. Gold jewelry prices go up as gold prices have gone down. Go to sarrafdotcom if you want gold at a better price. I just bought a 14+ gram chain for $44 per gram and it's gorgeous. I have several other items from them and have never been disappointed. I even took the first two pieces I bought from them to my local jeweler and he confirmed they were 14k and good quality.

Trusted Contributor

Bronze jewelry is OK for people who like it, but for the Q to try to pass it off as fine jewelry is misleading and somewhat dishonest. Dressing it up with pearls and diamonique doesn't change the fact that it is fashion, not fine, jewelry. Offering bronze pieces gives people choices, which is a good thing. I'm not interested in it, but apparently a lot of people are.

Respected Contributor

I have a few Bronzo Italia pieces. I love them.

Respected Contributor
Pricepionts they can be sold at and profits from those sales. Go into any fine jewelry store and look how many customers are in them. Not like the good ole days, that is for sure. Even high end stores must be feeling it. Mikimoto pulled out of the Venetian in Las Vegas.