Respected Contributor
I still buy heavy cast gold and platinum. Deals are out there, just have to look around.

I purchased several pcs of Bronzo Italia jewelry (matching pcs) sveral months ago, and, upon taking the necklace out of its original bag to wear it for the first time, I noticed several dark spots on it. What do I do to remove them, or am I screwed! This bag it came in still had the little anti-tarnish strip in it, so, I don't understand what happened. I paid close to $150. for it and need to know hoe to fix this issue...none of the other matching pcs. have any spots on them.

Valued Contributor

I am not a huge fan of brass or bronze; however, I do have one or two handmade bracelets from a local artisan that I love. I think the more mass produced items don't appeal to me as much. But these items that I own have some sentimental value and I love their design and hand made nature.

Valued Contributor
On 12/30/2014 bunnytm said:

I purchased several pcs of Bronzo Italia jewelry (matching pcs) sveral months ago, and, upon taking the necklace out of its original bag to wear it for the first time, I noticed several dark spots on it. What do I do to remove them, or am I screwed! This bag it came in still had the little anti-tarnish strip in it, so, I don't understand what happened. I paid close to $150. for it and need to know hoe to fix this issue...none of the other matching pcs. have any spots on them.

What you do is simply send it back. Even though you are beyond the return time, it doesn't matter if the item is defective. You will not be charged return shipping either.

Honored Contributor
On 12/30/2014 bunnytm said:

The Bronzo is supposed to be coated with an anti-tarnish lacquer of some type. It's possible it bubbled or was not applied evenly. Eventually it will wear off unevenly and the whole piece will look like a mess. There really isn't anything you can do to fix it. Using a polishing agent on it would just rub off more of the coating. I'd return it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor
I have several Bronzo pieces and I think they're very nice. I also have a few designer pieces with brass accents (Carolyn Pollack and Echo of the Dreamer), that are stunning. I think they make nice additions to my sterling and gold pieces.
Occasional Contributor

In my opinion it is costume jewelry. Plain and simple.