Frequent Contributor

Brian and Allison Ripka were fabulous on LA Live last night/too bad hosts weren't as good

Last night Brian and Allison Ripka showed up on L.A. live!...Brian even opened part of the show by doing a stand up introduction...Great! I was really impressed with Allison too. Both show no nervousness and were fabulous in discussing Judith's pieces and Allison's collaboration on the handbags...

Would it have been the same for the hosts and camera work on the show. Last night QVC live could not BUY a close up on Judith's jewelry or handbag when they were being presented. For some reason, they shot the jewelry on a model beside a pool in the sunlight never getting a closeup on the earrings or ring so you could see details. They also mentioned the condo building. I think this is where Jon and Amy are staying and they are paying the bills by giving the Condo building air time...the reason we didn't get to see the ring and earrings in detail was perhaps because they were busy with side shots of the pool area. Amy also mentioned the place several times throught the show talking about the accommodations and all the accoutrements of life there...Q doing real estate now?

I was highly disappointed with how the Judith Ripka items were Not shown (via up close camera shots) in real detail ..THE CUFF got the most close ups, but Jonathan kept calling it "bling"....silly boy...he called all of her jewelry bling...and he had been to her Rodeo Dr. shop earlier that day...its just a lack of sophistication and knowledge on his part.

Neither the person who tells the camera what to shoot on air knew anything about how to show jewelry nor the models had a clue about how to show jewelry on air ....they were often not even shooting the item, the hosts were discussing. I find this amazing in a town where the top movies in the world are made, and the QVC can't find studio people who know how to call the shots on a set...it is amazing.

But Brian and Allison were true professionals...a beautiful couple too!