Honored Contributor

Re: Bravo to Evine....Interesting and Fun Jewelry

@Gabidog wrote:

I now look at evine  as a source for jewelry and not so much at QVC.  QVC has a lot of options but it all looks cookie cutter.  Evine offers some beautiful settings.  It is a shame to see QVC expand their business footprint yet unable to bring us great jewelry pieces at great prices as they did years ago.

I discovered Evine a few years ago.  I love Gems En vogue, I have several pieces from that line.  Passage to Israel I have a very nice silver bracelet, Toscana Italiana have nice pieces as well.  I have also discovered JTV, Bella Luce pieces are lovely.

Valued Contributor

Anyone know how Evine is on customer service and/or returns?  I am hesitant to buy from them because of this ( and also their high shipping/handling fees). 

Honored Contributor

@mia 2  EVINE is very different when it comes to returns vs QVC and HSN. Yes, you have 30 days to try something. HOWEVER, that 30 days clock starts the moment the item is delivered to your house and INCLUDES THE TIME IT TAKES TO SHIP SOMETHING BACK TO THEM. If it takes a week of traveling to get to you, give it at LEAST 10 days to return. That means you actually only have 20 days. If it gets stuck in shipping somewhere back to them and it goes OVER the 30 days, then they won't credit your account. This has not happened to me but I've head about it from others. You can call and state your case, of course. This stinks when it involves skincare but the only reason I return an item is if it's defective or reacts so, back it goes. 

EVINE does NOT consider an allergic reaction to a product a defect, therefore, you must pay for shipping it back. If an item IS defective, do NOT used the enclosed return label; contact EVINE for a UPS label. EVINE pays for the shipping in that case. Else, you have to scan and send PROOF that you paid for postage back (if a return label is not enclosed in the box-some items do not due to price point/vendor choice) and/or you have to call to have it credited back to your account.

Last, if you are missing an item in your order or your order is damaged in shipping, you must fill out a document and have it notarized and then send that to EVINE in order to be credited. They will NOT ISSUE a credit UNLESS THIS IS DONE. No exception.

Customer Service has always been helpful and pleasant. They have been quick to issue me a $25 credit when there have been problems and that has NEVER happened when dealing with QVC or HSN. NEVER. IMHO, once you know the rules of the game and you follow them, shopping with EVINE is a pleasure.

Oh, their fine jewelry is sent 2 day UPS. QVC? USPS and takes however long it takes to get to you. BIG difference.

Honored Contributor

I've only had one ring returned for size.  There is no free exchange program, at least there wasn't back then.  It seemed like I had to pay full price for the new item, but I'm not really sure.  I just learn to be very careful ordering from people that give you a hassle on returns.  But I have bought a lot of jewelry from The Three Amigos over the years, not so much lately.  MV yes, but Chuck's prices have gone berserk on the shows I've caught.  

Respected Contributor

cookie cutter and IMO with very high prices. I have some nice pieces that I was fortunate enough to be able to buy before gold went sky high but I think their silver prices seem to be higher than they should be as well. Just my opinion, others may think differently.

Honored Contributor

I have been saying for many years, no one else on TV comes close to what Evine offers in the jewelry dept!!

Valued Contributor

Thanks Sahmlam for all that info.  Very good to know and interesting.  Will help me make my decisions.  Would never have believed how different it is from QVC.

Super Contributor

it seems qvc is more interested in beauty products these days than cultivating their jewelry lines. i too go to evine for unique pieces.

Frequent Contributor

Totally agree! Evine has some really great jewelry lines. I dont care for their clothing + shoe + accessory lines at all...they have totally missed the mark on those but the jewelry is really good.