Honored Contributor

I have kept most of the boxes my jewelry from QVC has come in. I kept thinking that someday if I or someone else sells it, it would be better to have them. 

But now I'm just getting tired of having them around. I have a lot of Carolyn Pollack and American West, with a few other QVC designers mixed in.

What do you do? Do you keep them or not? TIA!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Boxes Your Jewelry Comes In

Toss them!

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

Like you, I kept them for years till I realized that I had never needed/used a single one.

I donated mine to Goodwill for them to use with their donated jewelry items they sell.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

I too used to save all boxes from jewelry but other than some of my more expensive pieces, I trashed them all.  I have 2 San Marco bracelets, white and yellow gold, that I keep in their boxes and some special earrings and a couple of rings.  The rest are kept in jewelry trays in my dresser, separated by rings, earrings etc.  I hate going through many boxes to find what I want.  I would never wear them if I can't see them.

Honored Contributor

Threw mine all out.  Tired of saving things for "some day."

Honored Contributor

I toss in recycling as soon as I get them.  Nothing special about them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

They work well for organization in a drawer or basket. I have two(sans lids) in my makeup basket for blush, mascara, eye shadow, etc. I have some in a drawer to hold cord necklaces, loose change, odds and ends. 

Super Contributor

I only keep the ones from Jai jewelry. I toss all the others.

Honored Contributor

Most I toss but I keep a few for when I want to gift something away.

Trusted Contributor

My mother kept every piece of jewelry in its' original box with any information about the item kept under the item or taped to the underside of the box. When she died, I spent HOURS going through every single box.....hundreds of them. It stood out that the quality and packaging of jewelry has really changed over the decades; what a difference and for the worse! Also, having the info of each item made it a breeze regarding worth and when passing it on to someone, allowing them to know about the item and if necessary, how much to insure it for. Have to say, I am grateful she did that and it made it much easier to remove from her home and give away (as requested/needed).

I keep all my items in Colleens HSN jewelry boxes. One for gold, one for silver, one for bracelets, one for diamond items, etc. I keep a few boxes because they are unique/ I like them but for the most part, I toss. I keep all the info recorded in a little book so whomever receives my items, they'll have all the info about them in one place. I have my mothers' items (that I kept), in one special box: some in their little boxes, some boxes I tossed but with all the information kept together. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"