Valued Contributor

Boho, Me to We Rafiki handmade jewelry

Hi Ladies,

I think these are so boho and cute looking for any age. Have any of you run across the Me to WeRafiki jewelry? They are colorful stretch necklaces/bracelets that can be worn either way. It is handmade by African women to give them an income to provide for their children, provide water, education, food, etc. I have bought a few pieces to  mix and match with my other jewelry.  I have picked up a few on ebay and had to order more. I just got 3 more necklaces today.  A retailer on line has them marked down for less then ebay had them.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Boho, Me to We Rafiki handmade jewelry

The jewelry from Me to We Rafiki is wonderful!  I have three bracelets that I wear as necklaces (they are multiwrap) and one necklace.  I like that each represents an element and a value/ethic/or moral associated with each.  They appear somewhat dainty but have a powerful visual presence because of the color of the seed beads, gold metal beads, and, in the case of the necklace, a gemstone.  I love them and wear them often. Mine were on sale at Bloomies and they were also available on Nordstrom Rack. The fact that benefit women through micro-economic entrepreneurship is an added bonus. 

If you like these, then think about purchasing some of the Rwandan baskets that are sold by Macy's and other outlets. These products also benefit women.  Macy's was also selling various items from Haiti and one of the South Asian countries.