Honored Contributor

For those who enjoy their black hills gold.  I am going through my rings more now since I am not buying any I am discovering rings I have not worn for a while.  I am wearing my black hills gold today.  I have always thought black hills gold is beautiful.  I was able to purchase this ring from Q years ago on easy pay, I actually have two pieces.  Today I am just wearing the band.

Have any of starting wearing pieces you have not worn lately?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I  ❤️ black hills gold.  I have a ring & a bracelet-both older than dirt. 

The ring from Home Shopping Club eons before they became just HSN. Smiley Tongue

The bracelet from the Virgin Islands-British side.

I rarely take them off.  Both rarely needs cleaning.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Only wearing earrings now to keep openings open...Rings and bracelets are waiting in the jewelry box till virus is gone.

Watch:  no where to go so I don't need it now.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

i am sorta starting to do the opposite.  i have been selling off things i no longer wear, or are just not my taste anymore.  most things on facebook marketplace, or craigslist.   i have no one to leave any of my jewelry too, and i have a barrel full.  

time to pare it down a bit, and have a bit of extra mad money. 

Honored Contributor

I don't wear jewelry at home.  I'm afraid it might get damaged or Shadow might pull my earring when I hug him.

Respected Contributor

I do not own any Black Hills gold but I like looking at it.

I always try to wear jewelry at home, virus or not. 

I bought the jewelry because I like seeing it and want to wear it, not to show it off.

I especially like putting on glitzy rings I rarely wear in public.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my Black Hills Gold.  I only own a few pieces, the grapevine ring, bracelet and earrings.  I bought them ions ago when the price of gold was cheaper.  When I look at the prices of this line today, I can't believe how expensive it is.  As far as wearing jewelry lately, I haven't been wearing much at all.  I am however trying to wear a different pair of earrings each day just to look like I bothered to get dressed, LOL.   I'm not wearing rings as washing hands constantly IMO, just puts a buildup on them.

Trusted Contributor

I love Black Hills Gold (BHG) and have some nice pieces from the Coleman Co.. They've gone out of business but their beutifully crafted pieces and customer service were the very best! If you're looking on the internet look for the CC hallmark. You won't be disappointed.

The piece that I get the most compliments about is a Black Hills Silver ring, blue Hellenite. People always comment on the stone which is a color-changing bright blue/ lavender. I've had comments that it must be tanzanite. I'm always honest and most are interested in the Hellenite story -- crystal grown from the ashes of the Mount St. Helena volcanoes eruption in the 80's or 90's.

I miss the QVC American holiday BHG shows!! I also miss going to work outside the home and wearing my jewelry.

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo 

If you have a college close by, you may want to check with the Placement Office.  Graduating seniors could use pieces of costume jewelry to go with interview outfits or even first jobs.  The office may want to start a " lending library " of pieces for interview attire.

I have already started to give pieces of my good jewelry to others.  When I see them wearing it, I feel great inside.  Other pieces are listed in my will with the names of the recipients.  I review it annually to include additional folks I want to remember.

A few pieces will be sold and the money donated.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

I love Black Hills Gold (BHG) and have some nice pieces from the Coleman Co.. They've gone out of business but their beutifully crafted pieces and customer service were the very best! If you're looking on the internet look for the CC hallmark. You won't be disappointed.

The piece that I get the most compliments about is a Black Hills Silver ring, blue Hellenite. People always comment on the stone which is a color-changing bright blue/ lavender. I've had comments that it must be tanzanite. I'm always honest and most are interested in the Hellenite story -- crystal grown from the ashes of the Mount St. Helena volcanoes eruption in the 80's or 90's.

I miss the QVC American holiday BHG shows!! I also miss going to work outside the home and wearing my jewelry.

I remember a ring like that on Q, is that where you purchased it.  If it is that ring is a lovely blue.