Trusted Contributor

Jim Whittaker is looking more and more like Bob Newhart. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

?

Or Ken Berry?

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

On another note, I always wonder how well this stuff sells, or if they just keep bringing it back to the few devotees each "American type" holiday.

Super Contributor
On 2/17/2014 faeriemoon said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

On another note, I always wonder how well this stuff sells, or if they just keep bringing it back to the few devotees each "American type" holiday.

I think it must do well enough for shows on the American holidays ... otherwise, QVC would drop it, like they've dropped everyone else.

Regular Contributor

Many people like it. I have never bought it for myself but have several pieces I have received as gifts. I don't wear it often but when I do I ALWAYS get compliments.

Super Contributor

I missed most of the show, but that orange poppy topaz was an eye-catcher. I thought it was fire opal. I've never heard of it, but apparently it's natural? I assumed it was one of those color-coated topazes.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of pieces of BHG silver.

This bracelet:

A silver pair of demi-hoops.

I like the new silvertone watch.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised they are even on anymore, no prime time shows. This used to be such a huge deal 20 years ago, does he still wear the special sox? I don't watch, since I have no intention of buying new gold unless I get it at auction.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/17/2014 depglass said:

I'm surprised they are even on anymore, no prime time shows. This used to be such a huge deal 20 years ago, does he still wear the special sox? I don't watch, since I have no intention of buying new gold unless I get it at auction.

Black Hills Gold gets limited air time on Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving. It's only about 4-hours total on air for these occasions as opposed to the monthly/every other month visits of long ago.

They must sell enough to satisfy management during these limited appearances to warrant continuing the shows. Granted, Jim Whitaker is a nice pleasant guest who is easy on my ears and knows his products, but nice guy isn't enough by itself for QVC to continue with any vendor.

I think the Black Hills trademark leaf design is lovely. I own several pieces and they have held up very well over the years. I rarely wear a watch, but often when I do I wear my Black Hills one just because it looks so much like a simple pretty bracelet.

Respected Contributor
Have lovely tricolored Helenite necklace. Always look foward to Black Hills. Glad Americans have work!!