Contributor

Hands down (and by a long shot) Ms. Bixby has been my favorite jjewelry designer on QVC. I own quite a few of her designs, both old and new. Although I am not into eastern religions and pass on those designs, I find the detail and design of her nature themed items to be exquisite (and unmatched in the marketplace). She is a true artist. To be honest I see this as another negative change that has occurred at QVC over the past year. Don't get me wrong - I still buy quite a bit from QVC (especially this time of year) mainly due to the convenience.  I think, however, these changes will eventually take a toll.. at least with me personally. .Anyhow, I certainly wish Ms. Bixby the best. I will certainly miss her shows, and will make a point of adding to my collection once the holiday spending is over.

Contributor

I had no idea that Ripka had allready left...shows you how little I watch QVC anymore.  Thanks for that information.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

If you are fans of the line, how many pieces have you bought in recent years?  How many pieces did you buy this year?  Well.....   That's why they dropped the line.  People watch but they do  not buy.

I have two pieces, both of which were purchased a few years ago, her flower ring which was at a very good price.  Although very pretty I seldom wear it because it is substantial and kind of heavy to wear.I also have a lovely blue drusy ring with many small orange sapphires, but the same issue very well made but kind of heavy to wear.  I remember she use to have lovely jewelry shows with Lisa Robertson, in fact that is when I first saw her pieces, just lovely.  I did have to send two pieces back though.  There was a black onyx ring with a pearl on top.  Pearl fell off and I lost it I sent it back.  I also had a ring with many stones and some stones fell out so I sent that one back too.  Her pieces are pretty to look at.  Her shows were great to watch.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Southern Sarah wrote:

Hands down (and by a long shot) Ms. Bixby has been my favorite jjewelry designer on QVC. I own quite a few of her designs, both old and new. Although I am not into eastern religions and pass on those designs, I find the detail and design of her nature themed items to be exquisite (and unmatched in the marketplace). She is a true artist. To be honest I see this as another negative change that has occurred at QVC over the past year. Don't get me wrong - I still buy quite a bit from QVC (especially this time of year) mainly due to the convenience.  I think, however, these changes will eventually take a toll.. at least with me personally. .Anyhow, I certainly wish Ms. Bixby the best. I will certainly miss her shows, and will make a point of adding to my collection once the holiday spending is over.

She may show up on another channel.  Her designs are lovely and unique.  Nothing like it on other channels.

Valued Contributor
I saw a little of the show with Ali. Thought she was a terrible host. She talked and talked. The vendor hardly got to say a word. It was my first time seeing Ali present. I was surprised as people raved about when she first started.
Trusted Contributor

Her designs are beautiful, but not really my style. The prices may be getting higher than most want or can afford. Her jewelry looks to be very well made and some of the pieces shown today were stunning. Sorry to see another vendor bite the dust.

I do agree that the jewelry shows seem to be few and far between, but everything is cyclical, so there be a turn around in the future.

Respected Contributor

Bixby just like Judith Ripka and Louis Dell Olio will all continue to design and sell their wares on QVC, but are opting out of appearing on QVC.

Regular Contributor

AngelLove2:

Ali talked & talked as the vendor, BB was tired. I'm sure she appreciated her enthusiasm for her jewelry. 

Valued Contributor

I love Barbara's designs, and I have many of her pieces. I am sad to learn she will no longer appear on QVC, I had no idea she just had her last show...I always enjoyed her presentations and her descriptions of her gorgeous designs.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have many of Barbara's pieces, mostly earlier ones. The jewelry changed from the florals and delicate designs to busy, ornate and mystical. 
    Artists grow and change and it keeps work interesting for them. 
    The same with Judith's. I preferred the earlier styles and certainly don't shop as much for jewelry any more.