Regular Contributor

I saw BB last night with the host Ali, it was great. She is a great host. Barbara has lovely jewelry. A little too elaborate for me but fun to see her creativity.

BB & Carolyn, the southwest vendor are like comparing apples & oranges. BB line is expensive, Carolyn's not so much.

BB kept saying last night "you need to embrace" change". I had no idea what she was talking about. Guess it's about her moving on.

Respected Contributor

I only wear gold, but I certainly admire Barbara's exquisite craftsmanship in silver jewelry.

She is a very creative artist!

Unfortunately, we are all getting older and retirement on the horizon can be very tempting.

Respected Contributor

i hope her health is ok -  but certainly wish her the best if it just is a good time for her to cut back her commitments.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bixby's last show

[ Edited ]

I did watch the 1am show.. had no idea it was her last show until it came on today.  I still have a stash of designer jewelry from BB, and Ann King, which I adored Anne's, her work was more my taste.

Days gone bye...Smiley Happy

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

I will miss Barbara Bixby. I have some of her more recent designs, and I enjoy wearing them.  I purchased the new onyx and rhodolite garnet ring as it will go with many of the other pieces I have of hers.  I also ordered the specially priced dragonfly fairy enhancer.  These will be my holiday gifts to myself.  It is sad that the wonderful jewelry artisans (like Barbara Bixby and Judith Ripka) are retiring from the on-air QVC limelight, and in time, they will stop designing altogether. It truly is the end of an era of two, very important  jewelry designers.  

Valued Contributor

On her Facebook

Hi Everyone, Barbara wanted to thank all of you for being there for her shows and the tremendous response! Deciding not to do on air presentations at QVC was one of the hardest decisions she has ever had to make but after 20 years it was time do the things that she is also passionate about as well as continuing with her jewelry. She's not going to stop creating! We'll have lots of new and exciting things to share with you at BarbaraBixby.com and on social media as well as QVC.com. We hope that you will continue your support and we are all looking forward to enjoying Barbara's beautiful creations!!!

Contributor

I love, love, love the early Bixby and Ripka jewelry....my favorite Bixby piece is the diamond key that she made....beautiful. The pre-diamonique studded Ripka pieces were so beautiful.

I had no idea that Bixby was leaving....her final words were so sad. I wish her well...and Ripka too when she leaves. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mrs Pez Head Judith Ripka has already left QVC, as far as presenting her line. She recently had her last shows on-air.  Her jewelry will continue to be produced and sold at QVC, but Ms. Ripka will no longer be presenting her items on-air-- someone else will.  

Honored Contributor

I have to admit I thought that she had already left QVC.  I haven't seen her in along time. 

Super Contributor

been watching and collecting from very first show. so sad but glad for Barbara. she can now design at her pace and enjoy other parts of her life, family and travel. grateful for all her creativity and mostly, for her refusal to 'dumb down' her designs or use faux stones or cladding. yes, this made her pieces more expensive, but worth it to those of us who so love her work and appreciate her integrity for her designs. 

grateful for all the pieces I have been lucky enough to collect. and to the many fellow 'bixby addicts'. we've not only formed a forum, we've forged friendships to share our love for Barbara Bixby. 

shame on the Q for not advertising an advance notice that this would be Barbara's farewell visit and for not giving her a proper send off after being on QVC for 20 years. insulting to Barbara and to her customers to short shrift this amazing woman.