Frequent Contributor

Any Barbara Bixby fans out there? She is on tomorrow and I wonder if she is bringing new pieces and/or whether there'll be any price cuts to some of the old pieces that seem to have been on the QVC site at full price for a couple of years now.

Any long time fans of BB...how does it usually work?

Trusted Contributor

@kitty_nina you can see her new pieces under /Jewelry Barbara Bixby.

Honored Contributor

I have quite a few of her pieces but lately she has priced herself out of my branch of the market.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I know I where to see her pieces.

I have several of them on my wish list that I check DAILY to see if the prices lowered.

I also search "bixby as is" periodically to see if I could get them at a lower price.

The question is: are prices ever lowered when the designer is IN the studio?

Valued Contributor

Her jewelry is WAY overpriced and a YAWN!!!

Occasional Contributor

I love Barbara Bixby's designs but QVC has most of them overprices.  That is if you are marketing the average person.  I have a couple of her pieces and love them.

Respected Contributor

Yes, sometimes when a designer is presenting there are special prices.  Since these shows are in celebration of a significant anniversary of Barbara being at the Q, I do expect special pricing.  I don't know how much of a good deal there will be on any new or older pieces, the Q keeps jacking up all their jewelry prices past what many of us are willing to spend.

Frequent Contributor

Will be checking tomorrow to see if there are special prices. I like BB, especially some of her older pieces which I found on ebay. I do hope she makes more of the omega back earrings which I also love, but yes you are right - the prices are getting unattainable.

Respected Contributor

I took a look.  The prices are outrageous.  The pieces are either a re-run of something already done (and in much more garish color combos), or just plain weird.  I'm not in the market to go about town wearing a ram's head or any of those other symbolic pieces.

Between the recent weirdness of the Bixby line, the inability to buy a truly small JAI cuff, and Scott Grimes' excessive concentration of the JAI line on animal figurals, I haven't been buying anything lately.

Frequent Contributor

The earrings I was looking at are 30% off today. I decided to purchase even though I was hoping for 50% off. 

Here they are.

J349840

I am not into eastern motifs or skulls, however there some pieces I would like to have. I asquaired some retired pieces which I really enjoy wearing. I used to not wear jewelry much at all, and recently I feel that I do enjoy it.

I have purchased these in 3 colors, 2 of the 3 I bought at 50% off last May.

J329111

I also have matching flower key pendants and other keys by BB.

I am eyeing this 30" chain and even though it is a new item I do hope it goes on sale sometime in the future. 

J354274

I have an older design of her 36" chain and it is great over light sweaters.