Valued Contributor

I think she needs to come out with another hit piece that is reasonably priced like her Jezebell flower ring or the vine ring. These were lovely pieces that were affordable and very popular. Too many of her items now are huge, pricey items that I find gaudy. 

Frequent Contributor

I don't personally like the jezebel flower ring, but I do have her leaf and vine ring, which is great. I never got the gemstone version of it (still available in a one or two colors)...I think the gemstone mounting is not very secure as it doesn't look like a full bezel setting.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bixby fans?

[ Edited ]

I used to love her jewelry and have some pieces.  I don't like what she's doing now and feel it's very overpriced.  I have her leaf and vine ring and love it, and I have a cuff bracelet that I love.  I also have several pair of earrings, a cross and I can't remember if I have anything else.  

The first key that she did was my favorite.  It was a full size garnet key and was $100.  I bought it for my sister and have always regretted not getting one for me, too.  Now the larger keys are $350 or more and aren't nearly as pretty IMO.  I've seen that key for sale on Ebay in the past although not often.  It's always out of my price range.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@kitty_nina I still love Bixby artistic designs. After the key enhancer fell off twice even when I tightened the closer,a heart ring the Pearl fell off. As someone who does not wear gemstone rings or pendants while gardening or household chores. New jewelry should not have theses issues.Return was not a  option because returned date had long expired.

While I love some of her jewelry,I will not buy.As a jewelry diva,my Effy,JH,or Barry Cord ,Lagos have never had this issue,even with many years wearing it.

I have two older pieces  over 10 years old,of a heart enhancer,and earring I never a problem with.

Super Contributor

If you are a Bixby fan go to the delphi barbara bixby forum. No Bixby lovers post here, only the critics. 

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Image may contain: plant, flower and nature

Frequent Contributor

I just googled the forum. No, I am not "addicted" to BB, but it was a fun read.

I never said I liked ALL of her designes, but the ones I do like I am definitely a fan of.

I do not like the pictures posted above. I like intricate silver pieces, but they have to be wearable.

Trusted Contributor

@kitty_nina, those earrings - J349840  BB Sterling & 18K Marquise Gemstone Drop Earrings are very pretty. 

I would like them in Amethyst, however a few reviews stated they were too heavy for them. 

I hope that is not the case for you. Enjoy wearing them.

~

re: J329111 - BB Flower Button Earrings are very nice. 

Continue enjoying wearing them.

Valued Contributor
I have 4 of Bixby's older pieces. Two of her keys (no stones), her cross enhancer with the white topaz stones and a smaller cross enhancer with beautiful citrine (my birthstone). I love them all. Her later pieces are too fussy for my taste and her prices are getting ridiculous and out of my price range.

I also have a few Ripka pieces from way back when.
All solid sterling and no stones. Love them all too. Her things now, IMHO, are astronomical for plated pieces. But I guess if folks are willing to pay 4 digits, more power to them both. I'm just not that gal.