Contributor

Bixby Flower Bracelet 50% off!!

I am NOT loving the fact that a bracelet I bought as a TSV 6 months ago is now more than half off!  I know the One Day Only prices are good for only 6 months, but I thought the TSV price would stand for a year.  Way to go, QVC!

Respected Contributor

Re: Bixby Flower Bracelet 50% off!!

[ Edited ]

That's the world of shopping. 

One Day Only means just that, not six months.  I don't understand where you get that.  And the TSV is good for just that day.

Trusted Contributor

sharbou, a 'one day only' price is literally that - for one day. then the price reverts back to its original. same goes for the tsv. it's just that one day. it's an expiring offer and never holds the price longer than that same day. you shouldn't be upset about the purchase you made 6 months ago at full price. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

shar:  it's a beautiful bracelet and I hope you are enjoying wearing yours.  But I understand how you feel about the pricing.   I was about to order the bracelet today,  but I read the reviews and a lot of ladies had problems with the magnetic clasp.  How is your bracelet wearing?   Any clasp issues?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was hoping J289604  -  the multi-gemstone cross with amy and flurite stones would be a OTO.   I order the cross, then cancel, then re-order, then cancel. 

I resisted the bracelet ... I am afraid of magnetic closures.

Excellent price for sure - ENJOY for those that where able to pick one up.

Trusted Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

sharbou, a 'one day only' price is literally that - for one day. then the price reverts back to its original. same goes for the tsv. it's just that one day. it's an expiring offer and never holds the price longer than that same day. you shouldn't be upset about the purchase you made 6 months ago at full price. 

I agree - enjoy your bracelet - at least you know it was NOT a return.

Honored Contributor

Just my opinion, but I think shoppers have become not just attentive to prices, but greedy.

Why should any seller have to hold prices steady forever?  OP complains about 6 months, but someone else might have bought that bracelet just a month ago, so now if QVC has to wait for their 6 months, it would be almost a year before they could change the price -  and then if someone buys the bracelet before that year is up, ... and the cycle would go one and on.  There's absolutwly no way it could ever end with everyone being happy.

If the price was right when we bought something and didn't change within a reasonable time (30 days is generous, imo),  then we made a decision that felt okay -- and it still should be.  I also want good deals, but they need to be fair to both sides. Expecting to get a sale price 6 months later -  not.  I think QVC did a good thing, not a bad one.

Honored Contributor

WEll, I can totally understand how you feel cause I'd probably feel the same way, like "Oh shoot! half-off of what I paid for it?" But then I'd probably try to tell myself well, I really wanted it then, and I'm really enjoying it and I've gotten to enjoy it now for 6 months instead of waiting 6 months.

I think thats a natural reaction and probably happens too when we want and get something that is expensive, maybe more than what we might usually pay for something.

And like someone else said, at least you know its not a return. I think these should be marked as that "as is" though if they are returns. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sparklestar wrote:

That's the world of shopping. 

One Day Only means just that, not six months.  I don't understand where you get that.  And the TSV is good for just that day.

I disagree.....I have heard them say tons of times that a One Day Only price is the lowest it will be for six months.

Yes, the price is only good for that one day...but they state it will not be lower for 6 mos.

I think the OP is correct on that.

Does NOT apply to TSV's but I don't blame her for being upset.

I don't think that is a smart move to pick a TSV for clearance that much lower.

I'm sure there are others disappointed in that!

Super Contributor

That would really annoy me - thats why I wait a couple of months and keep checking the clearance section of all the shopping channels - eventually most of what I want will pop up