Trusted Contributor

For everyday, though, I like the hinged bangle watches.  I have a silver tone one made by Geneva.  It is a nice size.  Not too small, not too big.

Honored Contributor

I collect antique and vintage watches.  Many are smaller ( old lady with a cane) size.  Some are medium... And all are enjoyed by me.  I have a few newer, bigger watches , but I find that they are very uncomfortable and look too big for my 5'1" frame.  I also enjoy wearing real gold as opposed to stainless steel, brass or some other metal.

I have come to hate watches that need a battery.  I have about 10 of them right now that are not running because the battery needs replaced .  There is nothing like an old fashioned watch you wind every morning.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

That is just so cute!!!!  Love it!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I love watches!  I have a ton of them.  The problem is I forget to pull the stems and the batteries go dead quicker.  I have no problem with watches of all sizes.  I have a very small wrist though and some of the larger watches just do not fit me right and are very uncomfortable on me.  I wish I could wear some of the bigger watches!!!  

I am typing a lot during the day and the bigger ones are clanging and banging and get in the way!!!

I say -- if you love the big ones -- go for it.  If you love the tiny ones --- enjoy!!!

Variety is the spice of life!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I guees there's something for everyone.

I like a larger watch and for over 20 years , I have worn men's watches. It's not because I am "masculine." Back when I started,, women's watches were pretty but worthless for everyday use. . (We're not talkmg about Cartier tanks and watches of quality.)

I had a few for dress, of course. When they began making 38-40mm plus watches for women, I began purchasing those. I used to weigh about 35 pounds more than I do, so my wrist was larger. When I lost the weight, I lost the wrist inches to go with it, so the really big ones of 43mm plus won't work, because I also have smaller hands. It's not I don't like them. By the way, a larger watch makes the wrist look small. Tiny watches look funny on big-boned women.

I also think many women of a certain generation don't wear big watches. I can't see a 40mm plus sport watch on my petite mother of 80-plus years. A larger watch with a leather strap might work. She actually preferred a larger timepiece because she could see it. She also did have more classic "jewelry" type watches.

They have never stopped making the classic watches, so if a person doesn't like the big watch thing, they don't have to wear them Lots of choices out there. Watches are beginning to trend downwards. So those ladies who like a bigger dial, I suggest you stock up. LOL. I have enough watches to last a couple of lifetimes. Thank goodness for automatic and mechanical movements.(hate battery changes.)

Honored Contributor

I think there is something rather sensual about a smaller woman who is dressed in a very feminine manner wearing an oversized watch.  The juxtaposition of the very feminine and the oversized masculine watch is like Italian dressing, all the oppositional elements that make it the right balance.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I just love big watches, they actually make me fee more feminine because of the contrast. I think everyone knows what looks best on them, and for me ditsy little watches just don't look right. Everyone should just buy what they like.

I agree, jsut wear what is comfortable for you.  I however never thought of wearing a bigger watch until I watched some of the Invicta shows on Evine.  I stepped out of my comfort zone and ordered a watch last year that has several bezzles  in different color crystals.  It is a beautiful watch.  It is very substantial and I love it.  From there I have purchased a couple of Victoria Wiecks larger watches.  I do enjoy the larger ones now.Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker wrote:

For everyday, though, I like the hinged bangle watches.  I have a silver tone one made by Geneva.  It is a nice size.  Not too small, not too big.

Very pretty, I love it.

Respected Contributor

I have 3 large Ripka chrono watches in rose gold, yellow gold, and sterlng silver.  I love them and wear them every day.  I still appear feminine, but I like the fact that the face is large and I can see whether my glasses are on or not.

Trusted Contributor

I don't care for them either and have never worn a watch as a fashion statement.  These days I wonder why anyone actually wears one at all since our cell phones and every electronic device has the time.