Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a sizable collection of large watches (stay away from the watch forum enablers) and dearly love them all.  I'll wear anything up to 40mm, and have a few that are larger.

My watches for the most part are sleek and elegant, many with diamonds.  I do have a few "clunky" Invictas but there's a place for those too.  I have one beautiful very small Carolyn Pollack watch but I never wear it (can hardly read it).  To me, tiny watch = little old lady.

@Kachina624

LOL .... you took the words right out of my mouth!!     When I see those teeny little watches in a glass case, I just know it will be bought for a white haired lady walking with a cane!   

JMO, folks.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to say i agree....i prefer a smaller watch myself....not so small it is hard to read......but a smaller dial then the ones presented on QVC....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I have no intention of insulting anyone who does like them.  We all have different tastes, and some people like to go with what's in style at the moment.

I personally CANNOT make myself like them.  I see them as masculine, clunky looking on a woman, and I wish the style would phase out.

I don't understand why women want to have something masculine (I love being a girl!) and I don't find them attractive on a woman's arm.

Am I the only one that just can't like them?

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003

Funny, but I find most watches to be unisex.  

If you honestly think an inanimate object is "masculine" or "feminine", then you might be being a tad rigid here.

Personally, I think it's really much more about PROPORTION than masculine or feminine labels.    A tiny boned petite gal of 4'8"  (with a 6 in wrist size) will most likely select a smaller watch than a larger boned woman who's 5'9" in height and wears an 8 inch bracelet size.   

Finally  .... it's all well and good to like tiny jewelry, but what good is a small watch if you can't make out the current time?   

Honored Contributor

This is the biggest watch I own. Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

i have been wearing big watches since before they were in style.    

Respected Contributor

I never meant tiny watches!  I know the kind you mean that says "little old lady."

I just meant the more moderate size traditionally sized for women!

Some of the bigger ones look like they are more sized for men.

By the way, if you ever watch Evine, they often have women modeling men's watches, which I will NEVER understand.  I doubt women are buying those for themselves.  Just don't know why they don't have a guy modeling them.  At least (even if a woman is buying them) you can see what they would look like on the man you're buying for.  They just look stupid on the women showing them.  I don't think they are suggesting that a woman wear some of those!

I agree to each their own.  Since I view watches as jewelry, I will be glad when it cycles around back to smaller (not tiny) women's watches.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I never meant tiny watches!  I know the kind you mean that says "little old lady."

I just meant the more moderate size traditionally sized for women!

Some of the bigger ones look like they are more sized for men.

By the way, if you ever watch Evine, they often have women modeling men's watches, which I will NEVER understand.  I doubt women are buying those for themselves.  Just don't know why they don't have a guy modeling them.  At least (even if a woman is buying them) you can see what they would look like on the man you're buying for.  They just look stupid on the women showing them.  I don't think they are suggesting that a woman wear some of those!

I agree to each their own.  Since I view watches as jewelry, I will be glad when it cycles around back to smaller (not tiny) women's watches.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003

WHY are you so insistent that watch sizes should "cycle around back to smaller women's watches"???

What's wrong with Small, Medium and Large sizes for women?   Whatever size you want, there are watches out there.

Buy what you personally like and please skip the inference that others should wear "the more moderate size traditionally sized for women".     If you read the posts above, then you know that some women actually LIKE a larger watch, even if you don't.   JMO

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Some of the watches they're making for men now days are humongous, over 50 mm  (2") in diameter and almost as thick.  That's a load even for a big man.  Nothing unisex about 50mm.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  Some of the watches they're making for men now days are humongous, over 50 mm  (2") in diameter and almost as thick.  That's a load even for a big man.  Nothing unisex about 50mm.

@Kachina624

Yeah, they should name that one The Whopper!   LOL

Trusted Contributor

I have a Silpada silver hammered link watch that is big.  It is a little loose on my wrist, but I love it.