QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Valued Contributor
Does USA Gold buy Judith Ripka SS pieces?
Respected Contributor

Re: Best Place to Sell?

[ Edited ]

@Joizz11 wrote:

@Joizz11 , check my response below.  What I originally posted here was wrong so I made corrections. Sorry.

Respected Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

Thanks everyone!  Most of my 14K was purchased when gold was cheap, like $20 a gram.  While it would be fun to watch my stuff get auctioned off on the bay, I would NOT be psyched about wrapping, going to PO, getting tracking #s, having to make claims, etc.  E B A Y is definitely on the side of the buyer.  Last time I sold something there I had to reduce my price on 2 separate items because even though I had provided pictures I had one person complain about a small flaw, the other buyer claimed my gold wasn't 14K as per HER jeweler's assessment.  I think she lied to get a reduced price.  JMHO.  Looking back, I'm mad that I caved. Haven't sold there since. That was at least 10 years ago.  

So since all but the rings are purely 14K without stones, I think it's best if I go through an online buyer like USA gold. If you've sold there, and you feel like sharing, I'd like to hear the process you went through. I see on a gold calculator that the price fluctuates during the day.  How do they determine the going rate for the moment that you sell?

When it comes to the rings, I'll have to decide whether to try our local jeweler or maybe e t s y. Has anyone sold stuff there?  Experiences? Any negatives?

I have sold gold through US Gold Buyers, which is different from USA Gold. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

Thanks everyone!  Most of my 14K was purchased when gold was cheap, like $20 a gram.  While it would be fun to watch my stuff get auctioned off on the bay, I would NOT be psyched about wrapping, going to PO, getting tracking #s, having to make claims, etc.  E B A Y is definitely on the side of the buyer.  Last time I sold something there I had to reduce my price on 2 separate items because even though I had provided pictures I had one person complain about a small flaw, the other buyer claimed my gold wasn't 14K as per HER jeweler's assessment.  I think she lied to get a reduced price.  JMHO.  Looking back, I'm mad that I caved. Haven't sold there since. That was at least 10 years ago.  

So since all but the rings are purely 14K without stones, I think it's best if I go through an online buyer like USA gold. If you've sold there, and you feel like sharing, I'd like to hear the process you went through. I see on a gold calculator that the price fluctuates during the day.  How do they determine the going rate for the moment that you sell?

When it comes to the rings, I'll have to decide whether to try our local jeweler or maybe e t s y. Has anyone sold stuff there?  Experiences? Any negatives?

I have sold gold through US Gold Buyers, which is different from USA Gold. 

@mom2four0418 , you're right!  I looked up usgoldbuyers and it's not the same as USA Gold!  Ugh.  I need to pay more attention!

@Joizz11 on usgoldbuyers dot com it says they buy silver jewelry and flatware.  

Valued Contributor
@Kalli Thank you. Sorry I meant US Gold Buyers. I’m sending some stuff in so hopefully they provide me with a good deal.
Respected Contributor

@Joizz11 , I haven't used any of these gold or silver buyers online yet so I have no idea how happy you'll be dealing with them.  Others on this thread have sold to them, but I think mostly they've sold gold.  Not sure how happy you'll be selling silver.

Since JR is a designer, I'm guessing her prices were higher due to paying for her artistry.  So, again, not sure how that price compares since the online places to sell silver and gold are likely going to melt the pieces down and not resell. Check all your options, even maybe selling your pieces on the bay or e t s y?

Anyway, Good Luck!  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm suddenly interested in looking at what I want to sell, now that gold is approaching $2000 an oz.

Honored Contributor

@Joizz11 wrote:

Try TRUEFACET dot com. They will list designer gold, silver and high end watches and give excellent resale value. It is common in the jewelry industry to suggest them @Joizz11 .

Honored Contributor

Re: Best Place to Sell?

[ Edited ]

@Kalli wrote:

Forgot to ask this...had anyone sold their Eterna Gold to be melted down?  I'm wondering it it was a problem due to their unique gold mixture?

@Kalli   I only have a few pieces of Eterna and love them (wouldn't sell, but was curious, too), so took a bangle bracelet w/ me when I sold a parcel of gold. No deal. It would cost them too much to melt it down because of the copper and other elements in the content in Eterna. They would have to be separtated out and then not enough gold left to get as much money for the piece.