Valued Contributor

Re: Bennie Ration and Alex Sanchez pieces

Love this one @Kachina624!  She's beautiful.  I like that the turq is the focal point (head) here.  I have never before seen kachinas wearing squash blossoms/naja necklaces.  It's just so darn cute.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AliJoi5I just love the work of Alex Sanchez and his use of Petrogyphs and native symbols.  Patbz introduced me to it and I've made him a rich man.  She ought to get a commission.

I live only about 5 miles from Petroglyphs National Monument.  There are some old volcanic cones West of Albuquerque and the monument is in that area.  Apparently it was easy to chip the black rock that litters the area.

I just looked some pics I took for that jewelry thread and it was August 16, 2014.  I think I posted them the same day.  The thread would have been dated a little earlier.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Oops I did it again! Just bought a Sanchez butterfly pendant with a coral body.  Kachina for 25 years I worked at China Lake in the Mojave desert that has a field of great petroglyphs, so maybe that's why I'm also drawn to his work.  Sometime when I'm down in Rio Rancho we'll have to get together.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  And I like that his pieces are nice and clean too.  Thank you both for the kachina lesson!  I'm also going to look into having that thread resurrected, if it's at all even possible.  Wow, it was already over a year ago.  Where have I been?!

@patbz  Congrats on your new beauty!  Smiley Very Happy  If you feel like taking pix... slap them right up there.