Honored Contributor

It seems bead necklaces made from natural opaque materials like lapis, coral etc are coming back in style. I have many of these I inherited and I love them. I prefer the opaques over faceted gemstones except in rings. I like rings to sparkle.

Honored Contributor

@151949 I love natural stones.  There is a You Tuber, Fully Raw Kristina, who is always loaded with gorgeous natural stone bracelets, necklaces, and/or earrings.  Drool worthy.  She has mentioned that a friend makes many of these for her.  I have searched and don't find any that compare.  (take a look as she wears these, varies them, in every video)  I am very simple with my jewelry and wear only a few cherished pieces, so this goes against what I'm usually attracted to....but her collection is very stunning.

Honored Contributor

@151949I also love my beads - I do have a few old strands, from the 1930's, 40's and 50's, but I also have a collection of beads I've found at shows this century.  I love the colors and the shapes of the beads.  

So many times when I see a new strand, if I stop to think before buying, I'll realize there's something in my accumulation that's quite similar.

Esteemed Contributor

I like bead necklaces too. There is something organic and boho about real beads too that I like -- they don't have to be perfect!

Trusted Contributor

You ladies are so right!  Semiprecious bead necklaces are enchanting.  I have bought most of my collection as souvenirs on road trips around the country.  They are beautiful reminders of the natural stones from the various states, Mexico and Canada.  Some of them are chunky, some well-mannered bead chokers, all are unique and have a lovely memory attached.