Trusted Contributor

Re: Barbara Corcoran's necklace/earrings on 1/9/15 Shark Tank

Oops-I meant the top one in lavender was the one I saw.

Thanks again, Kathoderay.

Super Contributor

On 1/11/2015 kjae said:

Oops-I meant the top one in lavender was the one I saw.

Thanks again, Kathoderay.

BC lives in NYC and that's where JR is headquartered, so it could very well be a Ripka design.

You're welcome Kjae!

Valued Contributor

On 1/11/2015 kjae said:

Kathoderay!!!!!

Yes, that is it-the bottom one. When trying to find it online, I saw the photo of her in the green one and the comment was that it was a Judith Ripka design. Wonder if that is true? I don't know why, but it just captivated me as I was watching the Bantum Bagel people on Shark Tank on 1/9. Something so stunning about the design and color.

Yes, they are Judith Ripka Couture. When Judith was more active on her own Facebook she talked about it and had a picture of Barbara similar to the one that was posted. JR Couture pieces are upwards of $30,000. But, I like Barbara's attitude that you don't need a lot you just need quality pieces and pieces that you love and will wear many times.
New Contributor

I noticed the green necklace and earrings first, and immediately realized they were probably emeralds and diamonds. Then she wore the lavender set that looked like the same design. I think it is rainbow moonstone and diamonds. I'm not 100% on this, it may be some type of tourmaline but it really looks like r.m.s.  In any case they are gorgeous and both are faltering on her. I don't think many people could afford them but Barbara has worked hard and should treat herself to beautiful things. I like looking at them and dreaming too.

New Contributor

I just watched another episode and I realized the stones are opals not rainbow monotone. Of course opals and diamonds make sense. The size and color of the stones are spectacular. That's probably why I didn't immediately think of opals. But it's Barbara we're talking about. So in summary emeralds and opals with diamonds. Good for her, Hollywood stars could take a lesson on elegance from her. Either necklace would look just as beautiful with a gown.