Valued Contributor

Thanks to all for your suggestion about E-Bay.  I may look there to replace my lost earrings!

Occasional Contributor

I have several pieces from BB extending back approximately 6 years.  I appreciate her gravitation to pieces inspired by nature ...the critter pieces ...but I have not purchased from her in several years. She is such a beautiful artisan, I wish she would bring back more classic pieces. By the blog here, it seems I hold minority view...but I try to never miss a BB show, with the hope she will launch some more classic pieces. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Barbara Bixby cross pendant

At one time credit card companies used to cover a purchase for up to 3 months for damage or loss. It's worth giving your credit card company a call. You might also be covered for loss by your home owners insuruance. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

you may also want to check out the barbara bixby forum on delphi......there are lots of people selling there and you can also put in a request for the piece you are looking for. maybe someone is looking to sell.

i am so interested in that peacock ring today, especially since it is on clearance. i think i  may take the plunge! i am also thinking about the lily pad frog ring.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

you may also want to check out the barbara bixby forum on delphi......there are lots of people selling there and you can also put in a request for the piece you are looking for. maybe someone is looking to sell.

i am so interested in that peacock ring today, especially since it is on clearance. i think i  may take the plunge! i am also thinking about the lily pad frog ring.

I have both those rings you're interested in.  I jumped on the peacock ring when it first went on clearance.  It's a fabulous ring Sunshine and it's very comfortable to wear.  I get compliments all the time on it.  As for the lily pad frog ring, it's beautiful and done with good taste, but it's not that comfortable to wear on the finger.  I've worn it only a few times.  Just didn't feel that good on the finger.  Bad thing is I paid over 400 for it.  I may sell it on the bay.   

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

I have both those rings you're interested in.  I jumped on the peacock ring when it first went on clearance.  It's a fabulous ring Sunshine and it's very comfortable to wear.  I get compliments all the time on it.  As for the lily pad frog ring, it's beautiful and done with good taste, but it's not that comfortable to wear on the finger.  I've worn it only a few times.  Just didn't feel that good on the finger.  Bad thing is I paid over 400 for it.  I may sell it on the bay.   

thanks for the reviews @BlingQueen022 . i did purchase the peacock for my middle finger and i cant wait to get it. did not cave on the lily pad ring. is it uncomfortable because there is too much going on on the sides or because the entire sculpture on the ring is just so wide? i have not totally ruled it out yet.....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

thanks for the reviews @BlingQueen022 . i did purchase the peacock for my middle finger and i cant wait to get it. did not cave on the lily pad ring. is it uncomfortable because there is too much going on on the sides or because the entire sculpture on the ring is just so wide? i have not totally ruled it out yet.....

Please forgive the delay in answering.  I fell asleep.  Congrats on the peacock ring.  That ring is goregous in person.  As for the frog on the lily pad.  The ring is a bit uncomfortable because of the shank and what's going on on the side of it.  Also, the top of the ring is very wide.  It's not a ring I would wear every day.  I always end up taking that ring off when I wore it to work.  By lunchtime it was enough to wear because it just got too uncomfortable feeling the raised items she put on the shank.  I ended up taking it off and then putting it back on when I was going home.  Definately not a work ring, lol.  

Enjoy the peacock ring when you get it.  The detail on it is amazing.  Please post a review after you get it.  I had that peacock ring on one time when I went to Macy's.  The rep at the Clinique couter went nuts over it.  She made me take it off so she could get a closer look.  She even asked where I got it and the item number for it.  It's a ring that will get noticed that's for sure.  

Regular Contributor

I didn't lose mine---but I can't wear it because it keeps falling off! Such a shame--I'm sorry you lost yours! Mine was the one with the clear topaz stone in it...

Honored Contributor

I purchased a ring from Barbara and returned it because it was very uncomfortable to wear.  I appreciate her imagination but I am not that fascinated with her line any more.  Some of it borders on gawdy.  Scott Kay has a different edge on his pieces with cleaner lines that have caught my attention and my heart still belongs to Michael Dawkins' pieces.  HeartCat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022

just wanted to say thanks so much for the good reviews on the peacock ring......it is BIG and GORGEOUS! so much detail work on that ring. it is definitely an attention getter! i bought it to wear on my middle finger.....i did go up a size and the fit is good. love it and so glad i added it to my collection!

now, off to decide on todays evine ring......LOL