Esteemed Contributor

Barbara Bixby's Hummingbird Ring

The ring is fabulous!! Sorry to say it's going back because it's just too klunky to wear. The wings on the bird are just too long in length. The detail is amazing on this ring. If the wings were a tad shorter, I would have kept it.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Barbara Bixby's Hummingbird Ring

Oh what a bummer! I have that ring on my radar! Did the wings stick out too far to be unwearable and do you think it will catch on things? Guess I should save my $$ towards something else.
Honored Contributor

That's too bag, Bling. As pretty as the pieces are, I had concerns that they'd be a challenge to wear without them catching on things or otherwise being a bit on the cumbersome side. They are beautiful though...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/9/2014 Pezzie said: Oh what a bummer! I have that ring on my radar! Did the wings stick out too far to be unwearable and do you think it will catch on things? Guess I should save my $$ towards something else.

Hi Pezzle, it's like Stevieb put it, this ring would catch on things. It's a shame because the ring is absolutely gorgeous. I could have worn it as a middle finger ring and it looked better on that finger then it did the ring finger, but it's just too wide and the wings sit high and sticks out of the ring in the air. If the wings were shorter in length, this would have been a keeper for sure. Still love Barbara B, but this one I have to pass on.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Bling ! Loved the look of the ring and a lot of BB things, but will save the $$ for something more wearable.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/9/2014 Pezzie said:

Thanks Bling ! Loved the look of the ring and a lot of BB things, but will save the $$ for something more wearable.

Good choice Pezzle. The ring was beautiful though. Guess this lets me order something from Judith on Saturday to make up for it, lol.
Super Contributor

There are two of 'em, both are pretty.

J293083

QVC Price: $324.00Featured Price: $299.00
Available for 4 Easy Payments
Barbara Bixby Sterling & 18K Multi-Gemstone Hummingbird Ring - J293083
Super Contributor

FC ring is easy to wear and gorgeous - you can't go wrong with anything from that award winning Native American designer - his pieces go for hundreds of dollars at Indian Market!!