Honored Contributor

Re: Barbara Bixby is NOT promoted by QVC. Why?

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

She has a following; I love and collect her skull items. Her other designs don't interest me in any way. As others have mentioned, it's not for everyone and QVC is all about pushing what sells to the masses/majority; often to the point of overkill. BB doesn't need any promotion of her items; her buyers KNOW where to find her, lol.

I think this is what happened to Judith Ripka.  For years and years she was on with her designs and had several TSVs each year.  Then Diamonique happened, overkill happened, and she sold her business.  I just don't think jewelry is selling anywhere like it once did.  JMO.

JMO but I think JR has always been over priced.  Q's jewelry prices are always a little higher. Jewelry is selling on other channels.

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

I like the Bixby jewelry but don't own any because of price.  I have had that bird necklace on my wishlist forever but the price never seems to go down!

I like her pieces too. I was able to purchases a couple of rings due to easy pay.  I do agree most of her pieces are way out of my budget.  The first time I saw her was with Lisa Robertson.  I loved it when Lisa worked with her.

Respected Contributor

I agree! Why doesn't QVC have a 20th anniversary for Barbara Bixby this year? It wasn't Judith Ripka's 20th anniversary this year, but that didn't stop QVC from telling lies to promote a big anniversary for her (and Laura Geller, and KitchenAid, and Christmas in July...).

(Barbara Bixby's 14th anniversary is this November- watch QVC have a 15th anniversary instead.)

Honored Contributor

I never watch a BB show, merely because her jewelry isn't my style.  I DO, however, wish they would feature Hagit Gorali......other than the rare middle of the night show.

Honored Contributor

@KrimpetteHagit Gorali jewelry is gorgeous; why the line isn't featured during prime time I do NOT understand.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam  I have a number of her pieces and absolutely love her jewelry designs.  I remember back a couple of years when she would be on air periodically, though not often.  Of late, I think there might be a smattering of a show here and there in the middle of the night.  But maybe she prefers it that way. I agree, she's a lovely, very talented lady.  Always enjoyed her presentations.  Such a pleasant, delightful person.  (I do check on line periodically, to see if there's anything I can't live without!)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I suspect the main reason is they haven't been able to 'control' Bixby, as they have virtually every other formerly important or semi-important designer they've reeled in... I'd also guess that her jewelry appeals to more of a niche market and so with rare exceptions they can't rely on volume sales. I appreciate her artistry, own and love a few of her pieces, but most of them are a bit too esoteric for me and are priced accordingly. I appreciate that Bixby doesn't appear to have given in to likely demands to dilute her brand, include fake diamonds and other QVC 'flavor of the month' gemstones.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Barbara Bixby just had a successful TSV of a key design pendant.  QVC sold thousands of those key pendants.  They were absolutely beautiful. I know I purchased the citrine version and it it absolutely gorgeous.   She was on all day and night with her TSV and sold tons of her beautiful jewelry besides the key pendant.  She is certainly a fixture at QVC.  I am sure one of the reasons she is not on more often is that she has an active business that she runs and designs for.

Honored Contributor

Obviously, she isn't one of the top jewelry designers on Qvc.  Across the board, the top sellers get the biggest promotions and the prime hourse.  Because...Qvc is retailer.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deedledeedeedle,

I admire BB and own some of her matsterpieces. I admit that she is an artist and her jewelry is quite unique, either you love it or not. It is not inexpensive however you get what you pay for and eventually there are amazing discounts. 

QVC should be proud to have such a talented lady and she deserves an anniversary as well🌻