Trusted Contributor

Barbara Bixby is NOT promoted by QVC. Why?

Once again, the Q's latest jewelry advertisement features 4 jewelry lines on the home page but not Barbara Bixby. Does anyone know why the Q doesn't promote her designs? For the life of me I do not understand this. She is probably the only actual artist of the bunch.

dee

Honored Contributor

Re: Barbara Bixby is NOT promoted by QVC. Why?

The things she sells on QVC are too expensive and out of the reach of most customers.  They're more likely to push more moderately priced merchandise.  Also, Barbara's style does not appeal to many people.... too busy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I can think of three reasons maybe they don't present her items a lot.  One, her jewelry is expensive.  Two, her designs may not appeal to the overwhelming majority of QVC customers.  Three, jewelry sales are likely down at QVC and everywhere else.  I base my last assumption on the fact that jewelry is not presented on air as much as it used to be.  JMO.

Super Contributor

They don't need to. She has a devoted following. She is true to her art and only designs what she wants, not mass produced diamonique encrusted repeats. So there's a steady inventory of about 180 pieces, and when there's a new show there will be a few new fabulous choices. No need to push them, they sell themselves. Look at the reviews. 

Honored Contributor

@carlycat  Can you even imagine Barbara sticking Diamonique on her jewelry?  The mere suggestion is laughable. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Barbara Bixby is a wonderful jewelry designer.  She does not appear that often on QVC because she has another business.

Esteemed Contributor

her jewelry is very ornate and "fussy".  I have never seen anything that I would consider purchasing.  her jewelry appeals to a very specific taste and QVC is going to push what sells.

Honored Contributor

BB has some amazing designs and the quality of her line is over the top. Now, I've ordered some items form the Q and others from her site and there is a difference but remember, the items on her site are not mass produced and contain larger and sometimes rarer stones than those items offered here. 

She has a following; I love and collect her skull items. Her other designs don't interest me in any way. As others have mentioned, it's not for everyone and QVC is all about pushing what sells to the masses/majority; often to the point of overkill. BB doesn't need any promotion of her items; her buyers KNOW where to find her, lol.

Respected Contributor

She has a following; I love and collect her skull items. Her other designs don't interest me in any way. As others have mentioned, it's not for everyone and QVC is all about pushing what sells to the masses/majority; often to the point of overkill. BB doesn't need any promotion of her items; her buyers KNOW where to find her, lol.

I think this is what happened to Judith Ripka.  For years and years she was on with her designs and had several TSVs each year.  Then Diamonique happened, overkill happened, and she sold her business.  I just don't think jewelry is selling anywhere like it once did.  JMO.

Respected Contributor

I like the Bixby jewelry but don't own any because of price.  I have had that bird necklace on my wishlist forever but the price never seems to go down!