Honored Contributor

Bali Designs by Robert Manse

Has anyone purchased from this designer on HSN?  I was checking out the TS and came across this bracelet.  It is pricey but the reviews are all stellar.  The gold seems to have a good presence better than the TSV Q had.  It comes in four gemstones I am drawn to the white topaz as it will go with everything. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Bali Designs by Robert Manse

@Pecky  Yes, I do own several of the Manse Bali rings and bracelets.  They really are very well made with quality gemstones, and the gold accents are fairly significant.  I would have to add, however, that the best value I've found in this type of jewelry is with the Samuel B. line that's sold on Evine.  I've purchased more of those, but you have to only purchase when Evine is having an "event" or a clearance, as their regular pricing is ridiculously high!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pecky, I know Robert  has done those bracelets in several different gauges.  I ordered the thinner one and sent it back.  It had no weight to it, felt cheap and tinny and was very thin.  I just didn't think it was worth even the lowered event price of $159.00, which is what it is again today.

It looks to me like the photo you posted is of the larger bracelet.  I know a couple of people who own the larger bracelet and it's fantastic.   I looked at the website and they don't have any special pricing on it.  I do remember that HSN has sold this at a much lower price when Robert has been on air.  I want to think it was $100.00 cheaper. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Pecky, I know Robert  has done those bracelets in several different gauges.  I ordered the thinner one and sent it back.  It had no weight to it, felt cheap and tinny and was very thin.  I just didn't think it was worth even the lowered event price of $159.00, which is what it is again today.

It looks to me like the photo you posted is of the larger bracelet.  I know a couple of people who own the larger bracelet and it's fantastic.   I looked at the website and they don't have any special pricing on it.  I do remember that HSN has sold this at a much lower price when Robert has been on air.  I want to think it was $100.00 cheaper. 

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I would love for $100 cheaper.  I'm not going to rush into purchasing it and see if maybe they will lower the price when he is on.

Trusted Contributor

I have several Robert Manse pieces and they are well made, attractive high quality jewelry.  Just a note that I think his prices are higher, even sometimes the sale prices, then the Artisan collection of Bali pieces I've purchased from JTV.  I also own some Samuel B. pieces from evine as someone else mentioned.  For the money, I like the JTV Bali collection the best. 

Respected Contributor

@2blondeI have occasionally seen Samuel B's jewelry available on Zulily.  They usually only have 2 day sales, but the prices seemed good.  Judging by some of the other items I've gotten on Zulily, they seem to have certain brands about once a month. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have the larger gauge bracelet that you pictured -- everything about it is superb.  I bought the blue topaz version when it was a today's special and it's worth every penny.

Occasional Contributor

Hi....I do own this bracelet in citrine. It's very well made and I enjoy wearing it. I own many of Bali designs by Robert Manse and usually wait until it's at a TS price or special price of some kind. Also I order a larger size for a more drapey look so the piece is more weighty too. My favorites are the mabe pearl bracelets he offered last year, I think. I purchased all 3 colors pink, blue and white. Workmanship is gorgeous and I receive compliments often. I just can't get prices like these locally let alone find his designs. He uses beautiful stones and pearls. 

To sum it up, I have been very happy with Bali Design. If I don't like the piece, I send it back and I have sent some back.  I probably own about 15 pieces. 

Super Contributor

Samuel B has the best price and quality by far - you have to wait until Evine has an "event" to get a good price.  I have sent back Robert Manse items but I only tried his stuff once -

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just received this today and it is gorgeous!!  The Prasiolite color is stunning and the bracelet is very substantial.  I have ordered Samuel B bracelets and sent them back.  This one is definitely a keeper. The price of $239 was a steal.