Honored Contributor

Re: BULOVA WATCHES ... YOUR OPINION?

All Bulova watches, whether they are $100.00 or nearly $3,000.00 say they have a quartz movement.

Some are 100% stainless, some have leather bands, some have crystals, some have diamonds, some have double press deployment clasps, some are more water resistent than others, some aren't water resistent at all. 

There are different collections within Bulova.  Harley Davidson, Frank Lloyd Wright, Crystal, etc.  It just depends on what you want.

Diamonique did a nearly identical version of the one I have for about 1/3 of the price. 

Honored Contributor

I have this one that I received as a service anniversary gift from work.  I like it.  

Image result for ladies bulova square watch with diamonds

Day to day I wear a timex :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I got one as an employment anniversary gift in about 2008 or so.  (We got anniversary gifts at 5 / 10 / 15 /etc. years.  I got some really great stuff!)

It's a very nice looking watch.  I sent it to Bulova one time a few years ago for cleaning/service/battery change.  

Personally, I wouldn't have spent that much for a watch.  But - it does make a wonderful gift.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a diamond Bulova dress watch I have been wearing for over 20 years...I paid about $400 for it on sale. I also have a Rolex that belonged to my great aunt. I keep it in my jewelry drawer and prefer my Bulova. I just looked at the ones on QVC and one of them is identical to mine! They seem to have many more men's watches; probably gearing up for Holiday gifts.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Bulova and Accutron (which is a high end brand of Bulova).

Accutron is great.

Bulova, while I still love it. It is a diamond watch around $330 cost on sale at that time (watch has small diamonds, very small), and had saphire. The sapphire disappeared soon, the watch band rubbed off within the first few months. To replace it, it was $79 or $89 courtesy fee... Never mind that. Since sapphire disappeared, I ask the guy to smooth the end of the winding mechanism.

When the glass (I believe it was sapphire glass - got scratched), I replaced the glass. I change batteries every year. Now the bracelet is loose, and you can't replace bracelet easily, it fits the watch precisely. I had too much troubles with it, I have it since 2002, but I can't wear it for the last 6 years. I still like the design of this watch, it remind me tag hauer one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bulova is a good, solid time piece. Timex is not at the same level. QVC has carried Bulova and their entry level brand, Caravelle, for some time. I own several Bulova watches and they are among my favorites. They are great looking and reliable. Caravelle is a good budget level watch more on par with Timex. I'd stack my diamond Bulova up against far more expensive watches and my stainless steel tank watch is a very attractive day-to-day staple.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

My mom gave me her Bulova watch in 1983 that my dad gave her. It’s 14k with 2 diamonds.  I had the face cleaned and the jeweler told me I couldn’t replace it for $500 in 1983.  I wouldn’t even compare it to a Timex.