Respected Contributor
On 2/1/2015 stevieb said:
On 2/1/2015 EdithEllenLily said:
On 2/1/2015 stevieb said:
On 2/1/2015 Sakuya said: Barbara brought in 17,000 TSV rings and they sold out in the midnight show.

That's a lot of rings... I must've misunderstood, as I thought Antonella said they'd sold over nine thousand just as she was saying the first presentation would be the final presentation... Any way you slice it, though, I believe they had to know that ring at that price was not going to last all day! I'd like to have had one of each, but am glad I was able to order at least one, in iolite.

Your iolite was the most beautiful of the three IMO, stevieb! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Hey there EEL... For once, I decided right away which one I wanted! It was pretty, wasn't it...?! Still, I had the other two in my cart debating whether or not to do the deed... They were all pretty and even though I don't really like peridot, it too was lovely... and for that price... I was almost glad when they sold out before I weakened... It was a really good price though, and perhaps I should have pulled that trigger...

Wink

17,000 TSVs sold out in 14 minutes! People bought multiples---like me. What amazes me is that it is $16 less than the original ring in Garnet---and Barbara said it was identical---no cutting corners---she made sure of that! So, if they can do this for the TSV, why then are prices just ridiculously high in many of the other designer lines? Also, I noticed some of Barbara's pieces that have come back in stock are indeed much higher in price. I thought the matching charm at $142 was too expensive---especially when you compare it to the value of the TSV.

I had the original ring in Garnet but sold it (for more than I paid for it, I might add) when I lost weight and it was too big for me., I also found the ring for $79 at TJ's a few years ago and bought it for a gift for a friend! She just picked up the Iolite TSV, too!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor
What really annoys me is the Q's failure to consistently send out the advance emails I used to get and that I did nothing to stop... Had I not seen this item number elsewhere or chosen not to watch the very first (and only) presentation of this ring, I'd have been qwap out of luck, as many are today... By the time I got their usual TSV email, well after 1 AM there would have been no point in so much as looking at it... Good work, Q.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I had to re-up my email categories about 6 months ago. Have you re-checked yours to make sure it's still active? I need to re-check my notifications, too.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I think once it arrives and I try it on the ring & middle fingers, I will figure it out. This is my first Barbara Bixby piece. Excited to get it!

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/1/2015 lovestoteach said: What really annoys me is the Q's failure to consistently send out the advance emails I used to getand that I did nothing to stop... Had I not seen this item number elsewhere or chosen not to watch the very first (and only) presentation of this ring, I'd have been qwap out of luck, as many are today... By the time I got their usual TSV email, well after 1 AM there would have been no point in so much as looking at it... Good work, Q.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I had to re-up my email categories about 6 months ago. Have you re-checked yours to make sure it's still active? I need to re-check my notifications, too.

Thanks for your post. I was wondering why all my advance pre order beauty tsv's werent' showing up and my pre order jewelry offers weren't showing up. I just went into my account and rechecked these items. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Super Contributor
Scott Grimes of JAI John Hardy posted about their OTO on Facebook yesterday afternoon. I've seen that before - QVC plans for a sell out or pulls the TSV to accommodate OTOs. I imagine it's helping to boost sales throughout the day.
Trusted Contributor

It is a beautiful ring. There were NOT 17,000. It was sold on another internet sale site for $60 in the last few months. Same ring. Interesting. Also, it is not okay the the Q did this. They knew it would not last. Again, the 17,000 number is incorrect.

Super Contributor
I'm on wait list for the iolite. I love that stone.
Valued Contributor
On 2/1/2015 kjae said:

It is a beautiful ring. There were NOT 17,000. It was sold on another internet sale site for $60 in the last few months. Same ring. Interesting. Also, it is not okay the the Q did this. They knew it would not last. Again, the 17,000 number is incorrect.

I believe the site you're referring to is a 'clearance' warehouse and they had the Garnet, correct? If so, that would make sense if Q cleared out the inventory of the 'old stock' when this was offered in just the Garnet. They've done this in the past with other designers too...so not sure why you think there is some sort of conspiratory theory or something....

And I was told by several sources including CS that there were INDEED 17K of these rings. The issue was the 'presale' link was provided at least a day or two before midnight...SO...people were able to order beforehand (which is done ALL THE TIME on other items). So at the stroke of midnight they probably had at least half if not more of the inventory sold. And with only 17K AND the great fabulous price, it sold in a heartbeat!!

And I'm sure with or without selling out, they planned on OTO's...to generate more sales....that's just business!

I was able to get the link ahead of time and ordered a little before midnight. I got all 3...I didn't want to have regret afterwards about a certain color..lol... For sizing, her rings at least for me have all been true to size so I ordered my normal size in all 3.

Valued Contributor

Does anyone know about the sizing? Is it true to size? Has anyone received it yet and know about the fit?

Trusted Contributor
On 2/1/2015 mia 2 said:

Does anyone know about the sizing? Is it true to size? Has anyone received it yet and know about the fit?

Some people ordered regular size. I ordered my regular size but then changed it to size up. Why? Because a lot of ladies on the delphi forums Barbara Bixby page who have the original ring said it was a bit snug. I figured if I ordered regular size and it wasn't comfortable I would be out of luck. If I order a size up and it's too big for my ring finger I could still wear it on my middle or pointer finger. I think it depends on your fingers. My fingers are wider at the base of the hand. Even at 95 pounds I had a size 7 ring finger. I don't have thin fingers so I sized up to be safe. This is a wider band than her other rings. I find Barbara's regular thin band rings to run slightly larger. Perhaps my regular size would have been fine, but I didn't want to take the chance.